    I was just wondering to save disk and space I could double up. any advise
    if I can do it and how would be grateful

    cheers Dave
    Dragon, Sep 8, 2003

  2. Dragon

    mrbingley Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    news:4K47b.344$p%...
    > Is it possible to put to original dvds on to one dvdr, I am new to this

    and
    > I was just wondering to save disk and space I could double up. any advise
    > if I can do it and how would be grateful
    >
    > cheers Dave

    www.dvdrhelp.com is the place to go.
    When you've learnt everything there you should be ready to sit your masters
    degree in cinematography. ;-))))

    Chris.
    mrbingley, Sep 8, 2003

  3. Dragon

    Max Volume Guest

    In article <bN47b.4483$>, mrbingley
    <> wrote:

    > www.dvdrhelp.com is the place to go.
    > When you've learnt everything there you should be ready to sit your masters
    > degree in cinematography. ;-))))

    Master's degree in PIRACY you mean. Better yet, I'd like to see this
    moron GET a degree in cinematography, spend years, nay, DECADES working
    on his film, only to make ZERO money on it because some other little
    bastard posts it on the internet and everyone burns pirate DVD-Rs of
    it.
    Max Volume, Sep 8, 2003
  4. "Max Volume" <> wrote in message
    > In article <bN47b.4483$>, mrbingley
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > www.dvdrhelp.com is the place to go.
    > > When you've learnt everything there you should be ready to sit your

    masters
    > > degree in cinematography. ;-))))

    > Master's degree in PIRACY you mean. Better yet, I'd like to see this
    > moron GET a degree in cinematography, spend years, nay, DECADES working
    > on his film, only to make ZERO money on it because some other little
    > bastard posts it on the internet and everyone burns pirate DVD-Rs of
    > it.

    Chances are if they`re downloading it - it`d be a shite quality version
    anyway divX or VCD/SVCD with stereo sound I don`t think they`re many pirates
    with the patience to download a 4.3gb dvd rip on there 0.5mbit connections.
    Nick Le Lievre, Sep 9, 2003
  5. Dragon

    Pug Fugley2 Guest

    You've got it a bit backwards. A standard DVD would take TWO DVD-R's, so you
    would actually be doubling the number of discs you have.

    A standard movie is 9 gigs, a DVD-R is 4.3 gigs.

    Pug Fugley2, Sep 9, 2003
  6. Dragon

    Max Volume Guest

    In article <bjj4dv$iti52$-berlin.de>, Nick Le Lievre
    <> wrote:

    > Chances are if they`re downloading it - it`d be a shite quality version
    > anyway divX or VCD/SVCD with stereo sound I don`t think they`re many pirates
    > with the patience to download a 4.3gb dvd rip on there 0.5mbit connections.

    Wow, you're REALLY naive. Think about it, download the thing or have
    to actually PAY for it, or risk being the only kid in school who
    DOESN'T have it? And I thought *I* was out of touch with today's
    youth.
    Max Volume, Sep 9, 2003
  7. Max Volume <> wrote:
    >> Chances are if they`re downloading it - it`d be a shite quality version
    >> anyway divX or VCD/SVCD with stereo sound I don`t think they`re many pirates
    >> with the patience to download a 4.3gb dvd rip on there 0.5mbit connections.

    >Wow, you're REALLY naive. Think about it, download the thing or have
    >to actually PAY for it, or risk being the only kid in school who
    >DOESN'T have it? And I thought *I* was out of touch with today's
    >youth.

    Yet we all know that kids today are so fucking lazy that they couldn't
    possible go through the effort it would take to uudecode 670 pieces into
    one big crappy quality camcorder knockoff - not when you can pay a few bucks
    for the disc already done.

    Download speeds aren't that bad, but it's still 10-15 hours with a good
    DSL/cable connection, and if you had to upload it, the speed typically
    drops to ISDN speeds. It's currently only viable for people whose time
    has no value, so it's not a great threat to overall profits.

    --
    Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com
    Jason O'Rourke, Sep 9, 2003
  8. Dragon

    Max Volume Guest

    In article <bjj6b9$1cv0$>, Jason O'Rourke
    <> wrote:

    > Yet we all know that kids today are so fucking lazy that they couldn't
    > possible go through the effort it would take to uudecode 670 pieces into
    > one big crappy quality camcorder knockoff - not when you can pay a few bucks
    > for the disc already done.

    Dude, you REALLY know dick about kids today. Sure, they're too fucking
    lazy to get a JOB so they can actually BUY DVDs (cuts into their
    "hanging out" time, or whatever they call doing nothing these days),
    but they will sure as hell decode waaay too many pieces of ANYTHING
    just to get it without paying for it. In fact, my newsreader downloads
    and merges everything for me, which I'd assume is the case with a lot
    of kids who pirate this shit. Of course I'd say that Kazaa, etc. are
    used a LOT more frequently than newsgroups, which means that not only
    are they stupid enough to accept compressed-to-shit DivX copies of
    movies (without all the extras), they're also dumb enough to install
    software that leaves their computer wide open to other little bastards
    wanting copies of what they've downloaded.

    > Download speeds aren't that bad, but it's still 10-15 hours with a good
    > DSL/cable connection, and if you had to upload it, the speed typically
    > drops to ISDN speeds. It's currently only viable for people whose time
    > has no value, so it's not a great threat to overall profits.

    Again, you know dick about kids. Their time HAS no value. They queue
    what they want, then grab their celly and are out the door. Barring
    any power outages or clueless parents, when they come back, boom --
    Matrix Reloaded.
    Max Volume, Sep 9, 2003
  9. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    Right you lot, how come when you mention about backing up a original dvd
    every one thinks PIRACY. yes I have copies of films that people have give
    me I wont lie about that but, I want to back up my Disney ORIGINAL make a
    note not COPIES so my son wont damage them as most of you know Disney are
    collectable so I want to put them away and he does watch a lot of Disney
    films. So for those of you out there that think every one is PIRATING films
    think before you post on here. There are some people out there just wanting
    to backup stuff not to make money. And if I wanted to make money I wouldn't
    be posting on a newsgroup for help let me assure you. GOD HASN'T EVERY ONE
    GOT SUSPICIOUS MINDS

    Dave

    Dragon, Sep 9, 2003
  10. Dragon

    CAM Guest

    On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 22:54:04 GMT, Max Volume <>
    wrote:

    >In article <bN47b.4483$>, mrbingley
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> www.dvdrhelp.com is the place to go.
    >> When you've learnt everything there you should be ready to sit your masters
    >> degree in cinematography. ;-))))

    >Master's degree in PIRACY you mean. Better yet, I'd like to see this
    >moron GET a degree in cinematography, spend years, nay, DECADES working
    >on his film, only to make ZERO money on it because some other little
    >bastard posts it on the internet and everyone burns pirate DVD-Rs of
    >it.

    The problem with that argument is the dvd rot on original dvd movies.
    I've had to many get dvd rot which can only happen on dual layer media
    which is what the movie moguls use to place dvd movies onto.

    If you don't want to keep buying the same title over and over again
    you make a copy which is just as good as the original.

    I've backed up all my dvd movies I've bought now. It is legal to own a
    backup in this part of the world a slong as the user owns the
    original. Not legal to sell copies.

    To make a perfect copy.

    dvd decrypter
    www.dvddecrypter.com

    dvd2one or dvd shrink
    www.dvd2one.com
    www.dvdshrink.org

    Then using nero burn back with ease.
    CAM, Sep 9, 2003
  11. Dragon

    CAM Guest

    On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 23:58:54 GMT, "Pug Fugley2" <> wrote:

    >You've got it a bit backwards. A standard DVD would take TWO DVD-R's, so you
    >would actually be doubling the number of discs you have.
    >
    >A standard movie is 9 gigs, a DVD-R is 4.3 gigs.

    Most movies are betweebn about 3.5Gb and 8Gb and some maybe out to
    9.4Gb but there are very rare. By the time the sub titles are removed
    using dvd decrypter the movie can often be between 3.5gb and 6Gb but
    most around 5Gb and by the time dvd2one is used there is not much
    compression, not noticable when viewing.

    Use dvd2one will fix that problem.
    www.dvd2one.com

    or dvd shrink
    www.dvdshrink.org

    First use dvd decrypter to remove macro.
    www.dvddecrypter.com
    CAM, Sep 9, 2003
  12. Dragon

    Daburner Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to put to original dvds on to one dvdr, I am new to this

    and
    > I was just wondering to save disk and space I could double up. any advise
    > if I can do it and how would be grateful
    >
    > cheers Dave

    Wow, what a flame war this question has caused! Such a simple, good question
    too. Ok, over here in N. America, there is a product called DVD X Copy and a
    sister program called DVD XPress Copy, by 321 Studios.com . I think they
    also have an office and a distribution company in the UK as well. These
    programs are fast and very good. Xpress copy will now copy an entire DVD
    movie, including the subtitles and special features and allow you to burn
    them onto one DVD-R disk with one click of your mouse. No complicated menus
    or title sets to deal with. The movie gets the best compression and is
    hardly noticeable in quality difference from the original. The special
    features have different compressions and may not be as good (I haven't tried
    it yet).

    As for those in this group who value the backing up of DVD movies they own
    essentially for the purpose of letting the little ones use it on their
    machines and perhaps as a Frisbee, this is exactly what this program is
    designed for. You can then store the original safely out of harms way and
    let them play with the copy however they want.

    The good news is, you can download a trial version of the program by going
    to the site: www.321studios.com

    Daburner
    Daburner, Sep 9, 2003
  13. Dragon

    Max Volume Guest

    In article <6hl7b.14123$>, Dragon
    <> wrote:

    > GOD HASN'T EVERY ONE GOT SUSPICIOUS MINDS

    Thank you, Elvis. Lurk in this group long enough, and you'll see that
    we have good reason to be suspicious of pirates wanting to "krack" DVDs
    to add to their growing collection of "l33t warez".
    Max Volume, Sep 9, 2003
  14. Dragon

    Max Volume Guest

    In article <>, CAM
    <> wrote:

    > The problem with that argument is the dvd rot on original dvd movies.

    Oh yes, the #2 excuse for piracy on the newsgroups. Dude, when are you
    gonna learn that "laser rot" does not mean it affects every form of
    laser-read media. I've yet to see one example of "DVD rot" -- it's a
    complete fallacy. Dual-layer DVDs aren't manufactured in the same way
    as LaserDiscs were, and even with LaserDiscs, steps were taken to avoid
    laser rot once the problem became apparent.

    I think what you are experiencing is the fact that DVDs are not
    indestructible. Next time you think that a DVD has "rot", look on the
    underside of it. If it looks like brushed aluminum, then there's your
    answer. Take care of your shit, and you won't need backups -- it's as
    simple as that.
    Max Volume, Sep 9, 2003
  15. On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 20:08:06 GMT, Max Volume <>
    wrote:

    >In article <>, CAM
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> The problem with that argument is the dvd rot on original dvd movies.

    >Oh yes, the #2 excuse for piracy on the newsgroups. Dude, when are you
    >gonna learn that "laser rot" does not mean it affects every form of
    >laser-read media. I've yet to see one example of "DVD rot" -- it's a
    >complete fallacy. Dual-layer DVDs aren't manufactured in the same way
    >as LaserDiscs were, and even with LaserDiscs, steps were taken to avoid
    >laser rot once the problem became apparent.
    >
    >I think what you are experiencing is the fact that DVDs are not
    >indestructible. Next time you think that a DVD has "rot", look on the
    >underside of it. If it looks like brushed aluminum, then there's your
    >answer. Take care of your shit, and you won't need backups -- it's as
    >simple as that.

    Not only are you a puppet of the corporations regarding copyright Max,
    you've also been taken in by their line regarding DVD's failing. DVD's
    most definitely DO go bad Max, REGARDLESS of how they're treated! If
    most DVD's of ONE PARTICULAR TITLE start failing, how likely is it
    that everyone with the title has been treating that one title badly,
    and all the others are just fine.. Huh?

    Such an insufferable fool..

    .Steve .
    Steve(JazzHunter), Sep 9, 2003
  16. Dragon

    Max Volume Guest

    In article <>, JazzHunter
    <> wrote:

    > Not only are you a puppet of the corporations regarding copyright Max,

    Because I don't condone THEFT? Explain, please.

    > you've also been taken in by their line regarding DVD's failing. DVD's
    > most definitely DO go bad Max, REGARDLESS of how they're treated! If
    > most DVD's of ONE PARTICULAR TITLE start failing, how likely is it
    > that everyone with the title has been treating that one title badly,
    > and all the others are just fine.. Huh?

    And which particular title would THAT be? Somehow I'm guessing it's
    one that's *coincidentally* popular with the Kazaa crowd.

    **** you, asshole. You know what a killfile is -- USE IT!!!
    Max Volume, Sep 10, 2003
  17. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    ok thank you people for those who gave me a good answer, Max sorry dude but
    I have loads of Disney ORIGINALS and backup the ORIGINALS is not a crime as
    long as you are keeping them for you own personnel use, which I am, so get
    off your high horse and relax. yes I can understand that people do sell
    dvdr for profit, as I said I have had a few copies given to me and the nice
    man who gave me them was selling them to others for a nice buck, but lets be
    honest you and you alone are not going to stop people selling pirated dvds,
    cd, audio cds whatever. So my advise is lighten up get a life and get into
    the year 2003. The year of pirated films and shite and get of those people
    who are generally trying to do something right

    god if id known it was going to cause all this problem I would have asked
    Warner bros or even Disney themselves.

    Dave

    Dragon, Sep 10, 2003
  18. Dragon

    Max Volume Guest

    In article <VKt7b.7353$>, Dragon
    <> wrote:

    > ok thank you people for those who gave me a good answer, Max sorry dude but
    > I have loads of Disney ORIGINALS and backup the ORIGINALS is not a crime as
    > long as you are keeping them for you own personnel use, which I am, so get
    > off your high horse and relax. yes I can understand that people do sell
    > dvdr for profit, as I said I have had a few copies given to me and the nice
    > man who gave me them was selling them to others for a nice buck, but lets be
    > honest you and you alone are not going to stop people selling pirated dvds,
    > cd, audio cds whatever. So my advise is lighten up get a life and get into
    > the year 2003. The year of pirated films and shite and get of those people
    > who are generally trying to do something right

    Personnel use? What, in the waiting room of the Human Resources
    department of your company?

    I don't aspire to stop piracy altogether, but I'm fucking sick of
    people trying to hide behind this "backup" bullshit. For every honest
    person who THINKS it's necessary to backup a DVD (and even THEY are
    breaking the law), there are plenty who use that excuse to copy rental
    discs for their own use and for distribution to others.

    For your information, even the misguided fools who THINK they need to
    backup their DVDs and think it's alright are mistaken. Firstly, they
    need to teach their kids how to fucking take care of their shit, and
    secondly, breaking the encryption scheme in order to "backup" a DVD is
    very much against the law, even if you own stock in the fucking studio!

    > god if id known it was going to cause all this problem I would have asked
    > Warner bros or even Disney themselves.

    And they would have told you in no uncertain terms that it makes no
    difference whether you own a copy or not -- breaking their protection
    schemes (which would be necessary to "backup" the disc) is ILLEGAL!
    Furthermore, they'd tell you that "DVD rot" is a fallacy.
    Max Volume, Sep 10, 2003
  19. Dragon

    Someguy Guest

    "Max Volume" <> wrote in message
    > In article <6hl7b.14123$>, Dragon
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > GOD HASN'T EVERY ONE GOT SUSPICIOUS MINDS

    > Thank you, Elvis. Lurk in this group long enough, and you'll see that
    > we have good reason to be suspicious of pirates wanting to "krack" DVDs
    > to add to their growing collection of "l33t warez".

    You say "WE" to prove that you own this group?
    I've been lurking for some time now and reading your "I'm right and
    everybody else is wrong" bullshit and the only conclusion I can come up with
    is....It must really SUCK to be you!
    Someguy, Sep 10, 2003
  20. Dragon

    Max Volume Guest

    In article <8pu7b.297261$cF.92069@rwcrnsc53>, Someguy <>
    wrote:

    > You say "WE" to prove that you own this group?

    No, only to indicate that I'm a PART of this group. Got a problem with
    that?

    > I've been lurking for some time now and reading your "I'm right and
    > everybody else is wrong" bullshit and the only conclusion I can come up with
    > is....It must really SUCK to be you!

    I'm far from being the only one who feels that way, so you can just
    suck it.
    Max Volume, Sep 10, 2003