    Brgds,

    --
    Peter <X-Files fan>
    Trust No One®, Oct 12, 2007

  2. Trust No One® wrote:
    > Hi Folks,
    >
    > Can anyone tell me in a nutshell if any VOIP services can
    >
    > 1) Block all international calls or optionally divert them to
    > ansaphone 2) Block all anonymous calls - similar to ACR on BT
    > 3) Block selective numbers - similar to "choose to refuse" on BT
    >
    > Brgds,

    On my ATA I can enable ACR, doesn't matter who the VoIP provider is.
    I can also enter various numbers to block, again doesn't matter who the VoIP
    provider is.

    Not tried blocking International numbers, saying that with a couple of the
    VoIP providers I use UK numbers come in as 0044 / +44 so look international,
    though the phones I have recognise that 0044.. / 44.. matches with 01... or
    02... etc and displays the name. I suppose it depends on how the CLID is
    transmitted. Unlike BT, VoIP doesn't mask the CLID so you get to see the
    number if transmitted.

    --
    Items for sale: http://www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
    http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/MetricNow
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Oct 12, 2007

  3. Trust No One®

    alexd Guest

    Trust No One® wrote:

    > Hi Folks,
    >
    > Can anyone tell me in a nutshell if any VOIP services can
    >
    > 1) Block all international calls or optionally divert them to ansaphone
    > 2) Block all anonymous calls - similar to ACR on BT
    > 3) Block selective numbers - similar to "choose to refuse" on BT

    Some services may be able to do all of the above, but you'd be better off
    doing it on your equipment because

    a) It's under your control, and not at the whim of you service provider
    b) Once you've done it once, it's easy to apply to multiple accounts.

    Presumably you're asking because you're thinking of adopting VoIP, if that's
    the case check that the kit supports what you want to do before you buy it.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    18:10:14 up 11 days, 19:58, 2 users, load average: 0.16, 0.09, 0.08
    alexd, Oct 12, 2007
  4. Trust No One®

    Brian A Guest

    On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 17:21:24 +0100, "Trust No One®"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi Folks,
    >
    >Can anyone tell me in a nutshell if any VOIP services can
    >
    >1) Block all international calls or optionally divert them to ansaphone
    >2) Block all anonymous calls - similar to ACR on BT
    >3) Block selective numbers - similar to "choose to refuse" on BT
    >
    >Brgds,

    You should be able to do all those things with Voxalot.com
    For (1) , rather than block international it might be simpler to allow
    only UK.
    It will depend on the number string received, though, as to how you
    would do this.
    2&3 Very simple to do.

    You can forward to other numbers, SIP addresses or voicemail as you
    wish. Forwarding can also be according to the time of day and day of
    week.

    This is all fully configurable via the web interface on the
    voxalot.com web site.
    I have been using voxalot since its conception. The newer EU server,
    as distinct from the US server, seems to be reliable.

    There is just one minor foible. If you set the clock to be correct for
    voicemail you will have to set up timed diverts with one hour
    difference. Once we get onto GMT I think that problem will not be
    apparent.

    ---
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Get your friends to sign too!
    TV.
    ---
    Brian A, Oct 12, 2007
  5. Trust No One®

    Herman Guest

    "Brian A" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 17:21:24 +0100, "Trust No One®"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi Folks,
    >>
    >>Can anyone tell me in a nutshell if any VOIP services can
    >>
    >>1) Block all international calls or optionally divert them to ansaphone
    >>2) Block all anonymous calls - similar to ACR on BT
    >>3) Block selective numbers - similar to "choose to refuse" on BT
    >>
    >>Brgds,

    > You should be able to do all those things with Voxalot.com
    > For (1) , rather than block international it might be simpler to allow
    > only UK.
    > It will depend on the number string received, though, as to how you
    > would do this.
    > 2&3 Very simple to do.
    >
    > You can forward to other numbers, SIP addresses or voicemail as you
    > wish. Forwarding can also be according to the time of day and day of
    > week.
    >
    > This is all fully configurable via the web interface on the
    > voxalot.com web site.
    > I have been using voxalot since its conception. The newer EU server,
    > as distinct from the US server, seems to be reliable.
    >
    > There is just one minor foible. If you set the clock to be correct for
    > voicemail you will have to set up timed diverts with one hour
    > difference. Once we get onto GMT I think that problem will not be
    > apparent.

    I can wholeheartedly recommend the Voxalot service (so long as you are a bit
    technically minded) but it does cost for call forwarding and more than 1 SIP
    registration (30 usd per year IIRC).
    Herman, Oct 12, 2007
  6. Trust No One®

    Herman Guest

    "Trust No One®" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Folks,
    >
    > Can anyone tell me in a nutshell if any VOIP services can
    >
    > 1) Block all international calls or optionally divert them to ansaphone
    > 2) Block all anonymous calls - similar to ACR on BT
    > 3) Block selective numbers - similar to "choose to refuse" on BT
    >
    > Brgds,
    >
    > --
    > Peter <X-Files fan>

    You can reject such calls on a FritzBox 7050. Remember though that if you
    reject a call via SIP, it may go to your provider's voicemail. Voxalot
    solution (see elsewhere in this thread) is marginally better.
    Herman, Oct 12, 2007
  7. Trust No One®

    Brian A Guest

    On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 19:48:43 GMT, "Herman"
    <whitehouse.madhouse.thisisaspamtraptakemeout!@bigfoot.com> wrote:

    >"Brian A" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 17:21:24 +0100, "Trust No One®"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi Folks,
    >>>
    >>>Can anyone tell me in a nutshell if any VOIP services can
    >>>
    >>>1) Block all international calls or optionally divert them to ansaphone
    >>>2) Block all anonymous calls - similar to ACR on BT
    >>>3) Block selective numbers - similar to "choose to refuse" on BT
    >>>
    >>>Brgds,

    >> You should be able to do all those things with Voxalot.com
    >> For (1) , rather than block international it might be simpler to allow
    >> only UK.
    >> It will depend on the number string received, though, as to how you
    >> would do this.
    >> 2&3 Very simple to do.
    >>
    >> You can forward to other numbers, SIP addresses or voicemail as you
    >> wish. Forwarding can also be according to the time of day and day of
    >> week.
    >>
    >> This is all fully configurable via the web interface on the
    >> voxalot.com web site.
    >> I have been using voxalot since its conception. The newer EU server,
    >> as distinct from the US server, seems to be reliable.
    >>
    >> There is just one minor foible. If you set the clock to be correct for
    >> voicemail you will have to set up timed diverts with one hour
    >> difference. Once we get onto GMT I think that problem will not be
    >> apparent.
    >>

    >I can wholeheartedly recommend the Voxalot service (so long as you are a bit
    >technically minded) but it does cost for call forwarding and more than 1 SIP
    >registration (30 usd per year IIRC).

    Slightly out there Herman.
    1 registration : $15
    5 registrations $25
    10 registrations $40
    Upgrade for existing account, from 1 to 5, is $15

    ---

    Brian A, Oct 12, 2007
  8. Trust No One®

    TheFug Guest

    Brian A schreef:
    > On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 19:48:43 GMT, "Herman"
    > <whitehouse.madhouse.thisisaspamtraptakemeout!@bigfoot.com> wrote:
    >
    >> "Brian A" <> wrote in message

    >>> You should be able to do all those things with Voxalot.com
    >>> For (1) , rather than block international it might be simpler to allow
    >>> only UK.
    >>> It will depend on the number string received, though, as to how you
    >>> would do this.
    >>> 2&3 Very simple to do.
    >>>
    >>> You can forward to other numbers, SIP addresses or voicemail as you
    >>> wish. Forwarding can also be according to the time of day and day of
    >>> week.
    >>>
    >>> This is all fully configurable via the web interface on the
    >>> voxalot.com web site.
    >>> I have been using voxalot since its conception. The newer EU server,
    >>> as distinct from the US server, seems to be reliable.
    >>>
    >>> There is just one minor foible. If you set the clock to be correct for
    >>> voicemail you will have to set up timed diverts with one hour
    >>> difference. Once we get onto GMT I think that problem will not be
    >>> apparent.
    >>>

    >> I can wholeheartedly recommend the Voxalot service (so long as you are a bit
    >> technically minded) but it does cost for call forwarding and more than 1 SIP
    >> registration (30 usd per year IIRC).

    > Slightly out there Herman.
    > 1 registration : $15
    > 5 registrations $25
    > 10 registrations $40
    > Upgrade for existing account, from 1 to 5, is $15
    >

    > ---
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    >
    > Sign the petition to get High Definition TV via Freeview.
    > Get your friends to sign too!
    > Ofcom want to auction off the spectrum needed for Hi Def.
    > TV.
    > http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/High-Definition/
    > ---

    What does this service, what MySIPSwitch can't ?
    at he moment i have 4 accounts registered , where people kan reach me,
    and 2 i use to call out, for different reasons landline numbers and GSM
    numbers cheap.... i've set also the dialplans, there's no hassle..
    for free..

    --
    The Fug.
    TheFug, Oct 17, 2007
  9. Trust No One®

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 17:35:17 +0200, TheFug <> wrote:

    >Brian A schreef:
    >> On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 19:48:43 GMT, "Herman"
    >> <whitehouse.madhouse.thisisaspamtraptakemeout!@bigfoot.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Brian A" <> wrote in message

    >>> I can wholeheartedly recommend the Voxalot service (so long as you are a bit
    >>> technically minded) but it does cost for call forwarding and more than 1 SIP
    >>> registration (30 usd per year IIRC).

    >> Slightly out there Herman.
    >> 1 registration : $15
    >> 5 registrations $25
    >> 10 registrations $40
    >> Upgrade for existing account, from 1 to 5, is $15

    >What does this service, what MySIPSwitch can't ?
    >at he moment i have 4 accounts registered , where people kan reach me,
    >and 2 i use to call out, for different reasons landline numbers and GSM
    >numbers cheap.... i've set also the dialplans, there's no hassle..
    >for free..

    There is probably no difference. Voxalot, like MySIPSwitch, started
    off as a free, experimental, service. Once established and working
    they started to charge. I guess that Blueface will do the same with
    their MySIPSwitch service.

    ---

    Brian A, Oct 17, 2007
  10. Trust No One®

    TheFug Guest

    Brian A schreef:
    > On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 17:35:17 +0200, TheFug <> wrote:
    >
    >> Brian A schreef:

    >>> Slightly out there Herman.
    >>> 1 registration : $15
    >>> 5 registrations $25
    >>> 10 registrations $40
    >>> Upgrade for existing account, from 1 to 5, is $15

    >> What does this service, what MySIPSwitch can't ?
    >> at he moment i have 4 accounts registered , where people kan reach me,
    >> and 2 i use to call out, for different reasons landline numbers and GSM
    >> numbers cheap.... i've set also the dialplans, there's no hassle..
    >> for free..

    > There is probably no difference. Voxalot, like MySIPSwitch, started
    > off as a free, experimental, service. Once established and working
    > they started to charge. I guess that Blueface will do the same with
    > their MySIPSwitch service.
    >

    > ---
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    >
    > Sign the petition to get High Definition TV via Freeview.
    > Get your friends to sign too!
    > Ofcom want to auction off the spectrum needed for Hi Def.
    > TV.
    > http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/High-Definition/
    > ---

    They state on their site they have no plans to make it commercial, on
    forehand, so i guess, otherwise, they should not mention anything, if
    they where ..... i've got good hopes :)

    --
    The Fug.
    TheFug, Oct 18, 2007
  11. Trust No One®

    Brian A Guest

    >>> What does this service, what MySIPSwitch can't ?
    >>> at he moment i have 4 accounts registered , where people kan reach me,
    >>> and 2 i use to call out, for different reasons landline numbers and GSM
    >>> numbers cheap.... i've set also the dialplans, there's no hassle..
    >>> for free..

    >> There is probably no difference. Voxalot, like MySIPSwitch, started
    >> off as a free, experimental, service. Once established and working
    >> they started to charge. I guess that Blueface will do the same with
    >> their MySIPSwitch service.

    >They state on their site they have no plans to make it commercial, on
    >forehand, so i guess, otherwise, they should not mention anything, if
    >they where ..... i've got good hopes :)

    I think that people here will be interested in how you go on with this
    with regard to reliability, quality etc. They do say, on their site,
    that they reserve the right to cut the service at any time. It leaves
    the question, however, that if they have no intension of making the
    service commercial, why they have created the service. Blueface are a
    regular voip provider, just what can they get out of the MySIPSwitch
    venture if it continues to be free?

    ---
    Brian A, Oct 19, 2007
  12. Trust No One®

    alexd Guest

    Brian A wrote:

    > TheFug wrote:

    >>They state on their site they have no plans to make it commercial, on
    >>forehand, so i guess, otherwise, they should not mention anything, if
    >>they where ..... i've got good hopes :)

    > I think that people here will be interested in how you go on with this
    > with regard to reliability, quality etc. They do say, on their site,
    > that they reserve the right to cut the service at any time. It leaves
    > the question, however, that if they have no intension of making the
    > service commercial, why they have created the service. Blueface are a
    > regular voip provider, just what can they get out of the MySIPSwitch
    > venture if it continues to be free?

    Publicity, for one. I'd never heard of Blueface until you mentioned it.

    A horde of voluntary beta testers, perhaps? Maybe Blueface are trialling
    features on MySIPSwitch that they'll later add to their paid for services.

    You could ask the same about a lot of the services that Google, Microsoft,
    et al run.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    13:47:44 up 18 days, 15:36, 2 users, load average: 0.13, 0.09, 0.05
    alexd, Oct 19, 2007
  13. Trust No One®

    PeterW Guest

    alexd <> wrote in news::

    > Brian A wrote:
    >
    >> TheFug wrote:

    >>>They state on their site they have no plans to make it commercial, on
    >>>forehand, so i guess, otherwise, they should not mention anything, if
    >>>they where ..... i've got good hopes :)

    >> I think that people here will be interested in how you go on with
    >> this with regard to reliability, quality etc. They do say, on their
    >> site, that they reserve the right to cut the service at any time. It
    >> leaves the question, however, that if they have no intension of
    >> making the service commercial, why they have created the service.
    >> Blueface are a regular voip provider, just what can they get out of
    >> the MySIPSwitch venture if it continues to be free?

    > Publicity, for one. I'd never heard of Blueface until you mentioned
    > it.
    >
    > A horde of voluntary beta testers, perhaps? Maybe Blueface are
    > trialling features on MySIPSwitch that they'll later add to their paid
    > for services.
    >
    > You could ask the same about a lot of the services that Google,
    > Microsoft, et al run.

    www.blueface.com (or www.blueface.ie)

    They are a Dublin-based provider for the Irish (& UK) market who seem
    better informed and more go-ahead than many other VoIP companies.

    Peter
    PeterW, Oct 19, 2007
  14. Trust No One®

    Guest

    On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 13:55:09 +0100, alexd <>
    wrote:

    >Publicity, for one. I'd never heard of Blueface until you mentioned it.

    Surely it should be Bluetongue not Blueface ! .
    , Oct 19, 2007
  15. Trust No One®

    Brian A Guest

    On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 14:02:00 GMT, wrote:

    >On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 13:55:09 +0100, alexd <>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>Publicity, for one. I'd never heard of Blueface until you mentioned it.

    >Surely it should be Bluetongue not Blueface ! .

    Mooooooooooooooooo

    ---
    Brian A, Oct 19, 2007
  16. Trust No One®

    TheFug Guest

    Brian A schreef:
    > On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 14:02:00 GMT, wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 13:55:09 +0100, alexd <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>> Publicity, for one. I'd never heard of Blueface until you mentioned it.

    >> Surely it should be Bluetongue not Blueface ! .

    > Mooooooooooooooooo
    >
    > ---
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    > ---

    I guess i don't worry that much, i'm happy with it,(MySIPSwitch) for as
    long as it lasts, in the mean time i'm also doing some experiences in
    this field, and get an good impression how things are working, without
    the risk loosing any money, when promised services don't work after all,
    i guess i see it as a win win situation, i guess they'll stop service to
    a person, when they think it's mis-used by that person, that's only
    logical.... On the other hand, i don't think they would create a
    service, that costs more, then there is already elswhere available,:)

    --
    The Fug.
    TheFug, Oct 21, 2007