    most often. That way, I don't have to type them, just arrow up or down.

    Can this be done?

    CJ
    CJ Morton, Nov 3, 2003

  2. In article <3fa6c1e5$>,
    CJ Morton <> wrote:
    :OK - I admit it. I'm lazy! Basically, my question is this:

    :I have created a VBScript that will automatically log me in with my User ID
    :and password to any of our routers and switches. The next thing I want to
    :do is pre-populate the command line history buffer with commands that I use
    :most often. That way, I don't have to type them, just arrow up or down.

    :Can this be done?

    You might be able to send some of them as comments, and then to
    execute them you would recall the commented commend and delete the
    comment symbol.

    I would tend to doubt that you could put raw commands in the buffer
    without having them executed. I wouldn't want to say it was
    impossible, as who knows what hidden SNMP OIDs there are around, but
    it seems *unlikely*.
    --
    I've been working on a kernel
    All the livelong night.
    Walter Roberson, Nov 3, 2003

  3. CJ Morton

    CJ Morton Guest

    Walter,
    Thanks for the info. My standby way of doing it was to send the commands,
    hit enter, and then quickly send a Ctrl+Z or Ctrl+E and go on to the next
    one.

    Thanks!

    CJ

    CJ Morton, Nov 3, 2003
  4. CJ Morton

    Scooby Guest

    Better yet, why not use aliases?

    for example, type the following commands....
    conf t
    alias exec siib show ip interface brief
    end

    now, when you type in siib, you will get the output of show ip interface
    brief. Make yourself a bunch of acronyms for all your fav commands.
    Probably will be less keystrokes to run each one than scrolling up through
    the history.

    Scooby, Nov 3, 2003