Newbie question - PPP Configuration on Cisco routers

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Pink_Floyd, Jun 1, 2006.

  1. Pink_Floyd

    Pink_Floyd Guest

    Hi Folks,

    I have been trying to understand PPP configs on routers and have a
    couple of questions.

    I would be thoroughly grateful if you could please help me clariy them.

    Lets say I have a modem thats connected to a router. The connection
    could be done by a DB-25 cable at the modem end. Would the other part
    of the cable be connected to a serial port? If so, how would I know the
    line that would be assigned to the modem. I will be configuing PPP on
    the async interface associated with the line that connects to the
    modem. I know the steps to configure the async interface but need to
    know the line to modem mapping.

    Regards,

    - Pink_Floyd
    Pink_Floyd, Jun 1, 2006

  2. Pink_Floyd

    BernieM Guest

    "Pink_Floyd" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Folks,
    >
    > I have been trying to understand PPP configs on routers and have a
    > couple of questions.
    >
    > I would be thoroughly grateful if you could please help me clariy them.
    >
    > Lets say I have a modem thats connected to a router. The connection
    > could be done by a DB-25 cable at the modem end. Would the other part
    > of the cable be connected to a serial port? If so, how would I know the
    > line that would be assigned to the modem. I will be configuing PPP on
    > the async interface associated with the line that connects to the
    > modem. I know the steps to configure the async interface but need to
    > know the line to modem mapping.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > - Pink_Floyd

    It would connect to the aux port ...