    not just how to do something, but also the underlying mechanics of
    what is going on? Layers and masks has me scratching my head.
    Thanks.

    peweg, Nov 16, 2003

  2. peweg

    CSM1 Guest

    <peweg> wrote in message news:...
    > Can anyone recommend a good book on Photoshop Elements that explains
    > not just how to do something, but also the underlying mechanics of
    > what is going on? Layers and masks has me scratching my head.
    > Thanks.

    Amazon.com search for "Photoshop Elements".
    http://www.amazon.com

    This link is the search results.
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/s...elements&store-name=books/104-5834886-3048705

    "The Hidden Power of Photoshop Elements 2" adds Curves to Photoshop Elements
    2, which is a really great tool.

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    CSM1, Nov 16, 2003

  3. peweg

    TDUP Guest

    50 FAST DIGITAL PHOTO TECHNIQUES by Gregory Georges. This book has 50
    lessons in it. Comes with a CD with all the pictures to do the lessons which
    you can do at your own pace. Teaches 95% of what the program can do.
    Excellent Book. ISBN 0-7645-3578-1 Cost $24.99 US.

    Photoshop Elements for windows & Macintosh by Craig Hoeschen and Christopher
    Dahl.
    No CD with this one but explains the program very well with examples.

    What one book doesn't cover so well the other does. Between the two books I
    haven't seen anything that they don't cover.

    Tim

    TDUP, Nov 16, 2003
  4. peweg

    TigerMoon Guest

    "TDUP" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > 50 FAST DIGITAL PHOTO TECHNIQUES by Gregory Georges. This book has 50
    > lessons in it. Comes with a CD with all the pictures to do the lessons which
    > you can do at your own pace. Teaches 95% of what the program can do.
    > Excellent Book. ISBN 0-7645-3578-1 Cost $24.99 US.
    >
    > Photoshop Elements for windows & Macintosh by Craig Hoeschen and Christopher
    > Dahl.
    > No CD with this one but explains the program very well with examples.
    >
    > What one book doesn't cover so well the other does. Between the two books I
    > haven't seen anything that they don't cover.
    >
    > Tim
    >
    > <peweg> wrote in message news:...
    > > Can anyone recommend a good book on Photoshop Elements that explains
    > > not just how to do something, but also the underlying mechanics of
    > > what is going on? Layers and masks has me scratching my head.
    > > Thanks.

    If you like lots of pics showing what's going on, take a look see at
    "Adobe Phtoshop 2.0, a visual introduction to digital imaging" by
    Philip Andrews (Focal Press).

    TigerMoon, Nov 17, 2003