    this book, some of which it seems that you really wont ever need to
    use. If I am wrong please shed some light. Thanks

    Carrito
    Carrito, Jan 26, 2004

  2. Carrito

    Ripper T Guest

    Carrito,

    I have used All-in-One A+ and it contains just about all the info you
    need to pass the exam, but also alot of stuff you DON'T need for the
    exam. The best book I have found for that is A+ FastPass by Sybex.
    It's written by David Groth and is very condensed, all the exam
    specific stuff is distilled down into a readable, useable text; it's
    almost a reference. I took the A+ software exam (missed it by 7
    points!), so I know what's on it now and this book nails it. I
    recommend it. It covers hardware, too. Comes with a CD with two
    priactice exams which I haven't looked at yet. Bought it at Barnes &
    Noble, but go to Amazon, it'll be cheaper. ISBN 0-7821-4259-1.

    Good luck,

    Ripper
    Ripper T, Jan 27, 2004

  3. Carrito

    Carrito Guest

    (Ripper T) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Carrito,
    >
    > I have used All-in-One A+ and it contains just about all the info you
    > need to pass the exam, but also alot of stuff you DON'T need for the
    > exam. The best book I have found for that is A+ FastPass by Sybex.
    > It's written by David Groth and is very condensed, all the exam
    > specific stuff is distilled down into a readable, useable text; it's
    > almost a reference. I took the A+ software exam (missed it by 7
    > points!), so I know what's on it now and this book nails it. I
    > recommend it. It covers hardware, too. Comes with a CD with two
    > priactice exams which I haven't looked at yet. Bought it at Barnes &
    > Noble, but go to Amazon, it'll be cheaper. ISBN 0-7821-4259-1.
    >
    > Good luck,
    >
    > Ripper

    Thanks for the book advice Ripper. Incidentally I just ordered a book
    from B&N, but I got the A+ Exam Guides by A. Crayton. I had some other
    people tell me that this was also a great book. Hope so anyways. It'll
    be here today. :) Just ot of curiosity, do you or someone know, if
    you go and take one section of the test and pass, is there a length of
    time that you have to take the other section, or what? I have been
    studying for the Hardware portion of the test and was planning on
    taking the Software portion after passing it. Thanks.

    Carrito
    Carrito, Jan 27, 2004
  4. Carrito

    Karkucus Guest

    Looking toward Network+ Certification , Here is greate Link
    for Excellent Network+ Certification Guide,

    http://www.studyexam4less.com/mb.asp

    Also here is another Money saving idea for A+ Testing exam fee. buy voucher
    and Scheduale the exam using A+ voucher for Only US $92.00 saving of
    US $ 63
    http://www.getcertify4less.com/mb.asp

    Karkucus, Jan 27, 2004
  5. On 30 Jan 2004 15:57:12 GMT, (Developwebsites)
    wrote:

    >>dont have any in the field experience yet, as this is my first

    >you dont need any books, just 6 months real world exp.
    >
    >>prerequisit. I am kinda inundated with info though. OK, I can
    >>built in cache, or the difference between Nortbridge and Southbridge
    >>on the Motherboard???????? I am simply confounded by all the info in
    >>this book, some of which it seems that you really wont ever need to
    >>use. If I am wrong please shed some light. Thanks
    >>

    >the book is too big, too heavy, too much old and useless info.

    Yeah...right.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jan 30, 2004