    recommendations?

    Cheers,
    Chris
    Chris K, May 11, 2005

  2. Chris K

    Mike S. Guest

    In article <Xns9653687AF9738ckoebelatrogerscom@207.181.101.12>,
    Chris K <> wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >I am interested in copying albums and tapes to CD Media so I can play them
    >in a car, or other CD player. It would also be nice to move videos to DVD
    >format. Are there DVD recorders that will record CD audio? Any
    >recommendations?

    The only ones I'm aware of are some of the Lite-On "All Write" models,
    like the LDW-5005. However its useability as an audio recorder is very
    limited; you'd do a lot better with audio capture into your PC's sound
    card, or a standalone audio CD recorder.
    Mike S., May 11, 2005

  3. Chris K

    Chris K Guest

    (Mike S.) wrote in

    > In article <Xns9653687AF9738ckoebelatrogerscom@207.181.101.12>,
    > Chris K <> wrote:
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I am interested in copying albums and tapes to CD Media so I can play
    >>them in a car, or other CD player. It would also be nice to move
    >>videos to DVD format. Are there DVD recorders that will record CD
    >>audio? Any recommendations?

    > The only ones I'm aware of are some of the Lite-On "All Write" models,
    > like the LDW-5005. However its useability as an audio recorder is very
    > limited; you'd do a lot better with audio capture into your PC's sound
    > card, or a standalone audio CD recorder.

    Thanks for the info Mike.

    Unfortunately, my PC is in the basement while my stereo is upstairs, so it
    is a bit awkward to try to record to my PC - that and I always got a wicked
    hum when I used to try it in the past, so I stopped. :)

    When you say the audio recording ability is limited - do you mean track
    recognition, etc? Is the sound reproduction OK?

    Cheers,
    Chris
    Chris K, May 11, 2005
  4. Chris K

    Mike S. Guest

    In article <Xns965386CFC77A7ckoebelatrogerscom@207.181.101.12>,
    Chris K <> wrote:
    > (Mike S.) wrote in
    >

    >> In article <Xns9653687AF9738ckoebelatrogerscom@207.181.101.12>,
    >> Chris K <> wrote:
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>I am interested in copying albums and tapes to CD Media so I can play
    >>>them in a car, or other CD player. It would also be nice to move
    >>>videos to DVD format. Are there DVD recorders that will record CD
    >>>audio? Any recommendations?

    >> The only ones I'm aware of are some of the Lite-On "All Write" models,
    >> like the LDW-5005. However its useability as an audio recorder is very
    >> limited; you'd do a lot better with audio capture into your PC's sound
    >> card, or a standalone audio CD recorder.
    >>

    >Thanks for the info Mike.
    >
    >Unfortunately, my PC is in the basement while my stereo is upstairs, so it
    >is a bit awkward to try to record to my PC - that and I always got a wicked
    >hum when I used to try it in the past, so I stopped. :)
    >
    >When you say the audio recording ability is limited - do you mean track
    >recognition, etc? Is the sound reproduction OK?

    Audio CD recording lacks the features that, on standalone audio CD
    recorders, make it useful: digital audio (S/PDIF) input, automatic track
    marker insertion (from either digital or analog sources) and, decent audio
    fidelity from the analog inputs.
    Mike S., May 11, 2005