    What are the names of newsgroups where binaries of photos are posted? I've
    searched photos and photography, but nothing yet.

    Steve
    Steve B, Dec 30, 2012

  2. Steve B

    nospam Guest

    In article <kbqgrh$d0r$>, Steve B <>
    wrote:

    > What are the names of newsgroups where binaries of photos are posted? I've
    > searched photos and photography, but nothing yet.

    alt.binaries hierarchy. you name it, it's there. probably not what you
    meant, but then again, maybe it is. also, not all news servers carry
    the binary groups.
    nospam, Dec 30, 2012

  3. Steve B

    Steve B Guest

    "Graham" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 15:56:59 -0700, Steve B,
    > <news:kbqgrh$d0r$> expounded this theory:
    >
    >> What are the names of newsgroups where binaries of photos are posted?
    >> I've
    >> searched photos and photography, but nothing yet.

    > Does your server carry binaries?

    Apologies, guys. I am now on aioe.org, as I moved to very rural ranchland,
    and apparently with all the changing connections on our computer service
    now, I no longer have a server who covers binaries. Only seven listed, one
    binaries.porn, and the others nothing sounding anything like photography.
    Will get with my computer guy, and see if I need to configure to another
    server, and what's available now here where I am. Sorry, got ahead of
    myself there.

    Steve
    Steve B, Dec 31, 2012
  4. Steve B

    NotMe Guest

    "Steve B" <> wrote in message

    > "Graham" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 15:56:59 -0700, Steve B,
    >> <news:kbqgrh$d0r$> expounded this theory:
    >>
    >>> What are the names of newsgroups where binaries of photos are posted?
    >>> I've
    >>> searched photos and photography, but nothing yet.

    >> Does your server carry binaries?

    > Apologies, guys. I am now on aioe.org, as I moved to very rural
    > ranchland, and apparently with all the changing connections on our
    > computer service now, I no longer have a server who covers binaries. Only
    > seven listed, one binaries.porn, and the others nothing sounding anything
    > like photography. Will get with my computer guy, and see if I need to
    > configure to another server, and what's available now here where I am.
    > Sorry, got ahead of myself there.
    >
    > Steve

    From another news group:

    I ran into this online article about who owns the News server
    backbones and server farms these days. It looked like something worth
    sharing for the folks interested in the background technology. I did
    not flag it as OT as it is germaine to using this system.

    http://www.newsgroupservers.net/newsgroup_server_resellers
    NotMe, Jan 2, 2013