    out of the question. Is there a good scanner that would be recommended? At
    least this way I would have a scanner in the end as well.

    Thanks all.

    Grandpa, Sep 22, 2004

  2. Grandpa

    Tony Morgan Guest

    In message <>, Grandpa
    <> writes
    >Hello. My father has many old slides in 120 format (whatever that is)
    >and 35 mil slides. I checked with a local photo shop and the price is
    >frankly out of the question. Is there a good scanner that would be
    >recommended? At least this way I would have a scanner in the end as
    >well.

    Several of the Epson scanners have an optional extra (with masks for the
    various formats). I bought one (scanner with lamp-lid transparency
    attachment) as a promotional offer about three years ago. I have no
    doubt that a call to your country's Epson customer/sales support will
    identify which scanners offer this add-on. You can recognise these
    scanners by a DIN socket on the back of the unit.
    --
    Tony Morgan
    http://www.camcord.info

    Tony Morgan, Sep 22, 2004

  3. Grandpa

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Tony Morgan wrote:

    > In message <>, Grandpa
    > <> writes
    >
    >> Hello. My father has many old slides in 120 format (whatever that is)
    >> and 35 mil slides. I checked with a local photo shop and the price is
    >> frankly out of the question. Is there a good scanner that would be
    >> recommended? At least this way I would have a scanner in the end as
    >> well.

    > Several of the Epson scanners have an optional extra (with masks for the
    > various formats). I bought one (scanner with lamp-lid transparency
    > attachment) as a promotional offer about three years ago. I have no
    > doubt that a call to your country's Epson customer/sales support will
    > identify which scanners offer this add-on. You can recognise these
    > scanners by a DIN socket on the back of the unit.

    Hi...

    Actually the current epson perfection scanners have the
    transparency light built into the cover. They're not
    too expensive, and they do a surprisingly good job.

    Ken

    Ken Weitzel, Sep 22, 2004
  4. Grandpa

    Grandpa Guest

    Sounds good. I will have a look at what they have.
    Thanks

    Grandpa, Sep 22, 2004