    device if available) and then effectively re-use the memory card?

    Many thanks for any info.

    , May 1, 2006

  2. Bigguy Guest

    Looks like its just a USB XD card reader

    http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/mausb-300.asp

    http://pcworld.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=7918390/

    Guy

    Bigguy, May 1, 2006

  3. Bob Williams Guest

    wrote:
    > Greetings
    >
    > I have an Olympus Digital 600 with a 256Mb card. I'm looking at storage
    > solutions whilst on holiday and am looking at purchasing a 1Gb card.
    > Whilst on the Olympus website i was directed to a 'MAUSB 300' but
    > cannot really tell what its function is - is it purely an interface
    > between PC and memory card or does it provide storage external to the
    > camera? Can i download data from the camera card to this (or other
    > device if available) and then effectively re-use the memory card?
    >
    > Many thanks for any info.

    Looks like a shameless ploy by Oly marketers to get you to buy THEIR "XD
    Only" card reader. A far as I can tell, it can't do anything that a much
    more versatile and cheaper 9-in-1 card reader can do.
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, May 1, 2006