    Very frustrating

    I think the New Advent has a intel 2200 card although i dont really know what this means, i believe it is the same card thats in the dell anyway!

    Oh if i try the new laptop via a wired connection to router it is fine, it is the wireless thats the problem

    nufc_fan, Oct 12, 2006

  2. nufc_fan

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Make sure both Cards are connecting using the same standard as the Router (wifi stand eg, 802.11g)

    unholy, Oct 13, 2006

  3. nufc_fan

    JimmyD

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2006
    Messages:
    18
    Hello,

    Could it be a security setting? Are you using MAC filtering? Do you have the correct WEP or WPA passphrase? Have you tried disabling all wireless security (only as a test, not permanently :)? Have you tried giving the laptop a static IP address?

    Just a few thoughts based on m,y past experiences with similar problems.

    Thanks,

    Jimmy

    JimmyD, Oct 16, 2006
  4. nufc_fan

    daqua

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2006
    Messages:
    3
    A lot of times one adapter has no problem with security encryption like TKIP and another doesn't work with it. try changing the encryption on the router and laptops.

    daqua, Oct 19, 2006