    find I need a software that is easy and functional to use in order to
    organize and send photos via email. Please advise how I can decide on
    an easy and good choice.. Thanks! mtngal

    BG, Aug 5, 2004

  2. BG

    swingman Guest

    IMHO you made a good camera choice <g>. Regarding software, no doubt you will get many recommendations. I like to use OfotoNow to initially download pictures to the computer (free from www.ofotonow.com ). To quickly make thumbnails for emailing I use Easy Thumbnails ( http://www.fookes.com/ezthumbs/index.php?2.8 ) which is also free. For color & contrast adjustments, and printing I use MS PictureIT! which I think is a good program for a "newbie" since many of it's functions are automated. Good luck and enjoy!

    swingman, Aug 5, 2004

  3. BG

    Paul W. Ross Guest

    What software came with your camera? Also, Picassa is now free from
    Google, and this seems helpful to me. The major issue I ran into with
    e-mailing was to remember to "shrink" the size of the images to
    managable proportions, otherwise the recipient, in addition to getting
    some 1 megabyte files, got ones that wouldn't fit on their screen.
    That's a start..

    Paul W. Ross, Aug 5, 2004
  4. "BG" <> wrote in message
    > Am a newbie to digital and am mostly a point and shoot kind of gal..
    > After 2 months decided on Lumix FZ10. Well, am back from vacation and
    > find I need a software that is easy and functional to use in order to
    > organize and send photos via email. Please advise how I can decide on
    > an easy and good choice.. Thanks! mtngal

    If you think you might also use some advanced photo editing features,
    Photoshop Elements is a good buy.

    Charles Schuler, Aug 5, 2004
  5. BG

    BG Guest

    Thanks, Paul, and Swingman-- appreciate both of your posts. BTW- the
    software that came with the camera is hard for me to figure out- even
    with the manual. Nothing is numbered and I don't think there is order
    to the photos. Of course, I'm easily confused. Your feedback on this
    message board is truly helpful to me - so thanks again :) mtngal

    BG, Aug 5, 2004
  6. BG

    Swingman Guest

    Hey, you're welcome. Also, I forgot to mention Neat Image
    4.0 (free version available at www.neatimage.com ) which is
    a program for removing noise (graininess) from pictures.
    The interface took me some time to figure out, but it was
    worth it as the results are remarkable. There are "before
    and after" examples on the web site that demonstrate what
    Neat Image can do.

    Swingman, Aug 6, 2004
  7. BG

    HRosita Guest

    >BG wrote:

    >Well, am back from vacation and
    >find I need a software that is easy and functional to use in order to
    >organize and send photos via email.

    A good start for resizing photos, cropping and minimal editing is the free
    Irfanview from www.irfanview.com.

    For more editing and for organization, I would recommend the package of
    Photoshop Elements 2 and Photoshop Album 2.
    there is a lot of help for these products and you can download a trial version
    from Adobe.com.
    If you decide to buy them, search the internet, there are quite a few rebates
    available.

    Newegg.com has the bundle for sale for $115 and $0.99 shipping.
    Rosita

    HRosita, Aug 9, 2004