    used the supplied softeware that came with my JVC camcorder to capture to
    computer and Nero to burn. Is this normal?

    Thanks in advance...Bobkat
    Bob & Kathy, Aug 21, 2004

  2. Bob & Kathy

    Bob & Kathy Guest

    Can anyone help here?

    Bob & Kathy, Aug 22, 2004

  3. Bob & Kathy

    Wayne Guest

    On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 15:26:07 GMT, "Bob & Kathy"
    <> wrote:

    >Can anyone help here?
    >

    >"Bob & Kathy" <> wrote in message
    >>I played my miniDV camcorder tape directly from the cam to TV using S-video
    >>connection. The quality was very good. But, when I transferred from
    >>Camcorder to computer(very fast) to burned DVD....to my surprise the
    >>quality when played on dvd player(excellent model) was so much less tha
    >>what I had expected. It was almost as bad as the VCDs and SVCDs that I
    >>burned. I used the supplied softeware that came with my JVC camcorder to
    >>capture to computer and Nero to burn. Is this normal?
    >>

    >> Thanks in advance...Bobkat

    You can probably get more information on solving your problem if you
    check a couple of other news groups. I am doing the same thing now and
    find these groups reall helpfull for answering questions.
    If you would like a couple of websites you can check out email me and
    I will send you some that have a lot of good information.

    alt.video.dvd.software
    rec.video
    rec.video.desktop

    Hope This Helps

    Wayne
    Wayne, Aug 23, 2004
  4. Bob & Kathy

    FAQmeister Guest

    "Bob & Kathy" <> wrote in message
    > I played my miniDV camcorder tape directly from the cam to TV using
    > S-video connection. The quality was very good. But, when I
    > transferred from Camcorder to computer(very fast) to burned DVD....to
    > my surprise the quality when played on dvd player(excellent model)
    > was so much less tha what I had expected. It was almost as bad as the
    > VCDs and SVCDs that I burned. I used the supplied softeware that came
    > with my JVC camcorder to capture to computer and Nero to burn. Is
    > this normal?
    >

    > Thanks in advance...Bobkat

    When you view using the S-video connection you are seeing uncompressed
    video. When you capture the video for burning to a dvd it is compressed.
    You can usually tweak the settings in the capture program to improve the
    quality, but the trade-off is that the higher the quality the less video
    will fit on the DVD.
    --
    Buford T. Justice
    The alt.video.dvd faq is located at: