    THX,

    TB
    Austin, TX

    T.B., Dec 22, 2003

  2. T.B.

    Jim Townsend Guest

    T.B. wrote:

    > Hello:
    >
    > I am having some problems printing digital pictures. I have a Kodak DC215
    > camera and a HP Deskjet 3820 printer. The problem is that the pictures on
    > the camera will only seem to print correctly on 5X7 photo paper. I can't
    > get it to print right on 4X6 which is what I would really like. I am using
    > Kodak Picture Printing software currently. It is pretty basic; in order for
    > me to get this to work, do I need to use a program like PhotoShop or PSP?
    > If so, what exactly do I need to do?

    What actually happens when you try to print on 4x6 paper ?

    I suspect the images aren't fitting right. This is normal. This happens
    because your camera images are a different shaped rectangle than the paper
    you're printing on.

    4x6 paper has an aspect ratio of 2:3
    1152x864 camera images have a ratio of 4:3

    You will have to crop your images from 1152x862 to 1152x768 in order to make
    them fit. You'll lose a bit of the top and/or bottom, but that's the only
    way.

    Yes, you'll need some sort of an image editing program to do this..

    Jim Townsend, Dec 22, 2003

  3. T.B.

    Canopus Guest

    "Jim Townsend" <> wrote in message
    > T.B. wrote:
    >
    > > Hello:
    > >
    > > I am having some problems printing digital pictures. I have a Kodak

    DC215
    > > camera and a HP Deskjet 3820 printer. The problem is that the pictures

    on
    > > the camera will only seem to print correctly on 5X7 photo paper. I

    can't
    > > get it to print right on 4X6 which is what I would really like. I am

    using
    > > Kodak Picture Printing software currently. It is pretty basic; in order

    for
    > > me to get this to work, do I need to use a program like PhotoShop or

    PSP?
    > > If so, what exactly do I need to do?

    > What actually happens when you try to print on 4x6 paper ?
    >
    > I suspect the images aren't fitting right. This is normal. This happens
    > because your camera images are a different shaped rectangle than the paper
    > you're printing on.
    >
    > 4x6 paper has an aspect ratio of 2:3
    > 1152x864 camera images have a ratio of 4:3
    >
    > You will have to crop your images from 1152x862 to 1152x768 in order to

    make
    > them fit. You'll lose a bit of the top and/or bottom, but that's the only
    > way.
    >
    > Yes, you'll need some sort of an image editing program to do this..

    Or select best fit in your printer driver and then trim the result after
    printing so that you end up with all of the image, but, a bit smaller.
    Another way, although you will need an application that supports it, is to
    use A4 photo paper and create a custom template with cells in it at the
    correct ratio so that you can print a few pictures at a time and then trim
    them into separate photos.

    Rob

    Canopus, Dec 22, 2003
  4. T.B.

    Bugsy Guest

    Or switch to Windows XP.

    I'm running the Pro version which has very good picture printing
    capabilities out of the box.

    Dave

    Bugsy, Dec 22, 2003
  5. On 2003-12-22, T.B. <> wrote:
    > Hello:
    >
    > I am having some problems printing digital pictures. I have a Kodak DC215
    > camera and a HP Deskjet 3820 printer. The problem is that the pictures on
    > the camera will only seem to print correctly on 5X7 photo paper. I can't
    > get it to print right on 4X6 which is what I would really like. I am using
    > Kodak Picture Printing software currently. It is pretty basic; in order for
    > me to get this to work, do I need to use a program like PhotoShop or PSP?
    > If so, what exactly do I need to do?

    You must crop the pictures. Most image processing programs vill allow you
    to do that. Maybe you can set the camera to record in a 2:3 size
    rather than the 3:4 of the computer

    Povl H. Pedersen, Dec 22, 2003