    good deal? It makes a noise like a servo moving when I twist the zoom
    and focus is this normal?

    Thanks for any advice, regards, Nick.

    Nick, Jun 3, 2004

  2. On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 15:12:13 +0100, Nick <> wrote:

    >Hi. I have seen a nikon 70-300 g series lens for £89. I know it's a
    >cheapie but the light weight is very attractive. Does this seem like a
    >good deal? It makes a noise like a servo moving when I twist the zoom
    >and focus is this normal?

    Dont know the lense.. however...

    Moving the zoom should make no noise, when the focus kicks in yes that
    can sound quite noisy depending on make/motor type etc.

    Some lenses have a macro mode switch, if left on then twisting the
    zoom can make quite a horible noise... bad thing!

    There are lenses that are going to be a lot better than the one you
    mentioned given the price point... but if its so you can play and get
    a feel for that type of lense and fits the bill for your present needs
    go for it. At that price its a throwaway item over say a year or less
    depending on your free cash.

    --
    Jonathan Wilson.
    www.somethingerotic.com