Newbie in trouble, need HELP!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Roo, Mar 15, 2007.

  1. Roo

    Roo Guest

    Hi,
    for the past few months I have been downloading TV series and converting to
    DVD to play in our lounge
    home dvd player, all worked perfectly most were in xvid/divx format.

    A couple of weeks ago I decided to upgrade my Nero/Vso/Winavi/Vlc software
    to the latest versions. Since then I cant
    produce a single perfect copy. Each time I install a program it makes
    itseld default, converts perfectly, Nero
    says it burns successfully, burn marks on good verbatim dvd+r but when I put
    the disk in the 3 different multi
    format philips players I have it says on screen either no disc/or
    unsupported format, or other.

    In going to my folder option in control panel I think my bups/vobs/Ifo are
    out of synch.

    I have the latest Nero software and cannot even convert and play a simple
    avi converted with Nero Vision
    and burnt with nero. I have nero 7 ultra with the necessary codecs.

    Any helps appreciated, almost at wits end.
    Thanks Roo

    Roo, Mar 15, 2007

  2. Roo

    def456 Guest

    "Roo" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Hi,
    > for the past few months I have been downloading TV series and converting
    > DVD to play in our lounge
    > home dvd player, all worked perfectly most were in xvid/divx format.
    >
    > A couple of weeks ago I decided to upgrade my Nero/Vso/Winavi/Vlc software
    > to the latest versions. Since then I cant
    > produce a single perfect copy. Each time I install a program it makes
    > itseld default, converts perfectly, Nero
    > says it burns successfully, burn marks on good verbatim dvd+r but when I
    > put
    > the disk in the 3 different multi
    > format philips players I have it says on screen either no disc/or
    > unsupported format, or other.
    >
    > In going to my folder option in control panel I think my bups/vobs/Ifo are
    > out of synch.
    >
    > I have the latest Nero software and cannot even convert and play a simple
    > avi converted with Nero Vision
    > and burnt with nero. I have nero 7 ultra with the necessary codecs.
    >
    > Any helps appreciated, almost at wits end.
    > Thanks Roo

    Thinks to try...
    -try a burn with ImgBurn
    -try a different kind of disc, -R if you've been making coasters with +R
    -uninstall your updated Nero and reinstall the former version

    def456, Mar 15, 2007

  3. Roo

    Justin Thyme Guest

    >> format philips players I have it says on screen either no disc/or
    >> unsupported format, or other.

    Had a very similar problem with my Philips DVD recorder. They were aware of
    my specific problem and produced an upgrade.
    With regards to your query, we can advise that a software upgrade has been
    designed to rectify the issue you describe. This can be downloaded from
    www.philips.co.uk/support.Worth a try if you haven't done already.

    Justin Thyme, Mar 15, 2007