    Any help is appreciated.

    Cheers
    PJ

    Psychojoe, Jan 29, 2004

  2. Psychojoe

    dantu Guest

    Psychojoe wrote:

    > Good day, I have been running Thunderbird 0.2 and Firebird 0.6.1. I
    > just installed the new versions and was wondering if it is possible to
    > import my bookmarks and e-mail (addresses and settings). I could not
    > find a Bookmark or Mail file in the Mozilla folder. Is it installed
    > someplace separate? I have read the FAQ's on Mozilla.org but I could
    > not find any answers. Lots of ways to import from other programs but
    > not itself?
    > Any help is appreciated.
    >
    > Cheers
    > PJ

    PJ

    Um, you shouldnt have had to do anything, the new versions
    should have picked up your old profiles and used them, bookmarks and
    all. You didnt delete the profiles did you?

    dantu, Jan 29, 2004

  3. Psychojoe

    Psychojoe Guest

    No I didn't delete anything. I did install into a separate directory.
    I have found them nonethless. They were hidden files in a way different
    directory than I would have ever thought to look. Although when I
    copied and pasted into the new directory (which again, was not where I
    thought it would be) only my e-mail came up. I had 3 separate accounts
    running in TB (mine, the wife's and daughters) and only my info and
    e-mail came up. Would theirs be stored in a different place? I copied
    the full file (Mail).

    Thanks
    PJ

    Psychojoe, Jan 29, 2004
  4. Psychojoe

    dantu Guest

    Psychojoe wrote:

    > No I didn't delete anything. I did install into a separate directory.
    > I have found them nonethless. They were hidden files in a way
    > different directory than I would have ever thought to look. Although
    > when I copied and pasted into the new directory (which again, was not
    > where I thought it would be) only my e-mail came up. I had 3 separate
    > accounts running in TB (mine, the wife's and daughters) and only my
    > info and e-mail came up. Would theirs be stored in a different
    > place? I copied the full file (Mail).
    >
    > Thanks
    > PJ
    >
    > dantu wrote:
    >
    >> Psychojoe wrote:
    >>
    >>> Good day, I have been running Thunderbird 0.2 and Firebird 0.6.1. I
    >>> just installed the new versions and was wondering if it is possible
    >>> to import my bookmarks and e-mail (addresses and settings). I could
    >>> not find a Bookmark or Mail file in the Mozilla folder. Is it
    >>> installed someplace separate? I have read the FAQ's on Mozilla.org
    >>> but I could not find any answers. Lots of ways to import from other
    >>> programs but not itself?
    >>> Any help is appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> Cheers
    >>> PJ
    >>>

    >> PJ
    >>
    >> Um, you shouldnt have had to do anything, the new versions
    >> should have picked up your old profiles and used them, bookmarks and
    >> all. You didnt delete the profiles did you?

    Profiles are kept in standard places, the release notes list them for
    each platform/OS

    Each profile has its own mail/bookmarks and such, the ones for you
    daughter and wife should be there as well.

    dantu, Jan 29, 2004
  5. Psychojoe

    Psychojoe Guest

    dantu wrote:
    > Psychojoe wrote:
    >
    >> No I didn't delete anything. I did install into a separate directory.
    >> I have found them nonethless. They were hidden files in a way
    >> different directory than I would have ever thought to look. Although
    >> when I copied and pasted into the new directory (which again, was not
    >> where I thought it would be) only my e-mail came up. I had 3 separate
    >> accounts running in TB (mine, the wife's and daughters) and only my
    >> info and e-mail came up. Would theirs be stored in a different
    >> place? I copied the full file (Mail).
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> PJ
    >>
    >> dantu wrote:

    >>> PJ
    >>>
    >>> Um, you shouldnt have had to do anything, the new versions
    >>> should have picked up your old profiles and used them, bookmarks and
    >>> all. You didnt delete the profiles did you?

    > Profiles are kept in standard places, the release notes list them for
    > each platform/OS
    >
    > Each profile has its own mail/bookmarks and such, the ones for you
    > daughter and wife should be there as well.

    I assume that they are standard places now that I have found them. They
    are just not standard in terms of what I used in Netscape, way back
    when, and I have not had to look for them so far in Mozilla. I did not
    have separate profiles for each of them. They were all separate
    accounts on the default profile in Thunderbird. Whiich is why I find it
    strange.
    Oh, well. Thanks for your halp anyway. I guess I will have to keep
    using the old version until I can manually change it all over and add
    new accounts.

    Cheers
    PJ

    Psychojoe, Jan 29, 2004