    Linux NG because I wanted a hopefully objective opinion on it. Thanks in
    advance.
    Steve

    Steve H., Nov 15, 2003

  2. Steve H.

    Steve H. Guest

    <posted & mailed>

    Steve H. labored mightily to posit:

    Sorry folks, it's SHOREWALL, not shoreline. http://www.shorewall.net/

    Steve H., Nov 15, 2003

  3. Steve H.

    Guest

    "Steve H." <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Mandrake Linux 9.2 ... "shorewall"
    > worth anything?

    I hope those are the relevant bits.

    In my experience, shorewall is a user interface to the standard Linux
    networking modules that control network traffic. Firewalling, NATing,
    routing, and many other network control features are often standard in
    Linux distributions, but are frequently difficult to configure or
    maintain. For anyone migrating from Windows, it is especially hard
    because the configuration is done by hand-editing text-based config
    files.

    Shorewall, in my experience, makes configuring and managing the Linux
    firewall a little easier.

    , Nov 17, 2003