    tried a few different programs, but none of them are making a DVD that I can
    play in a player.

    Thanks for any help.
    Sean Berry, Jul 17, 2004

  2. Check out http://www.videohelp.com/ its a good source of information and
    resources.

    Are you sure the DVD Player can play DVD-R's, some DVD Players can't handle
    them. Check your DVD Player manual to make sure it can.

    --
    Gerry aka (The MOTH)
    SG1 Edinburgh

    'Time is short. Life is cruel. Its up to us to change, this town called
    malice'
    "Sean Berry" <> wrote in message
    > I have seen a lot of posts on newsgroups, but can not figure it out.
    >
    > How do I take an avi, and convert it to a playable DVD??
    >
    > I am getting married, and as a favor to my future father-in-law I created

    > a movie file in Adobe Premier which was a collection of my fiacee's
    > childhood videos. The output is an avi.
    >
    > I want to take that avi, and make it into a playable DVD, so he can play

    it

    Gerry \(The Moth\), Jul 17, 2004

  3. Sean Berry

    Sean Berry Guest

    "Gerry (The Moth)" <> wrote in
    message news:40f8fb4e$...
    > Check out http://www.videohelp.com/ its a good source of information and
    > resources.
    >
    > Are you sure the DVD Player can play DVD-R's, some DVD Players can't

    handle
    > them. Check your DVD Player manual to make sure it can.

    Hadn't thought of this. The DVD player it will eventually go on is
    definatly top-of-the-line and no more than two months old.

    I do not have a DVD player, so I was using my friends X-Box which can play
    DVDs... whether it can play DVD-R's ... Don't know.

    Thanks for the input.

    Sean Berry, Jul 17, 2004
  4. Sean Berry

    Bill Guest

    Ulead Video Studio 8 will work with AVI files, it can convert them to DVD,
    VCD, and several other formats. Creation of basic DVD menus is possible with
    the software as well.

    It's a big download (but possible even with a 56k connection, I just left my
    system running overnight), but Ulead offers a fully functional, 30 day trial
    of the software at:

    http://www.ulead.com/vs/trial.htm

    For those who prefer not to tackle the download, Ulead also offers a CD-Rom
    containing trials of all of their software products.

    As another poster noted, DVD R and RW discs will not function in some DVD
    players. Adding to the complication, some players can handle DVD-R discs,
    but not DVD+R discs, and vice-versa.

    Bill, Jul 17, 2004
  5. Sean Berry

    Sean Berry Guest

    "Bill" <> wrote in message
    > Ulead Video Studio 8 will work with AVI files, it can convert them to DVD,
    > VCD, and several other formats. Creation of basic DVD menus is possible

    with
    > the software as well.
    >
    > It's a big download (but possible even with a 56k connection, I just left

    my
    > system running overnight), but Ulead offers a fully functional, 30 day

    trial
    > of the software at:
    >
    > http://www.ulead.com/vs/trial.htm
    >
    > For those who prefer not to tackle the download, Ulead also offers a

    CD-Rom
    > containing trials of all of their software products.
    >
    > As another poster noted, DVD R and RW discs will not function in some DVD
    > players. Adding to the complication, some players can handle DVD-R discs,
    > but not DVD+R discs, and vice-versa.

    Thanks for the info. I will have to check into all of that. I am using
    DVD-RW discs.

    Hopefully I can get this working in the next month... six weeks till the
    wedding.

    Sean Berry, Jul 17, 2004