    picture gets dimmer and brighter again on about a 30-second cycle, and
    starts to flip vertically on the dimmer end of the cycle. I've seen
    online that "Lost in Translation" has DRM, is that the problem?
    steviehero, Feb 28, 2004

  2. steviehero

    drsd2kill Guest

    it is the Macrovision copy protection showing up - do you have your DVD player
    routed through a VCR? that will bring out the Macrovision.
    drsd2kill, Feb 28, 2004

  3. steviehero

    Biz Guest

    SOunds like just typical macrovision, if you are routing your DVD player
    through a VCR or some other device b4 it gets to your tv that is probably
    the issue. The video out of your DVD player should be connected directly to
    your tv, or at minimum routed through your AV reciever if you have one.
    Biz, Feb 28, 2004
  4. steviehero

    steviehero Guest

    Thanks for the responses. That's a bummer to hear, I think I'm out of
    luck. My TV is a vcr/TV combo. I guess that means that anything I plug
    into it is effectively being routed through a VCR first? I'd be
    willing to bet that copy-protection of this sort is only going to get
    more common.

    steviehero, Mar 2, 2004
  5. steviehero

    Biz Guest

    Its only been around for 20 years or more...

    ;)

    Most Commercial VHS tapes had it also. That is one of teh many many
    drawbacks to the TV/VCR combos, if they have a/v inputs, they are not immune
    to macrovision so as to prevent you from copying copy-protected materials.
    Just like they are supposed to.

    Biz, Mar 4, 2004
  6. steviehero

    Eric R. Guest