    modem and one for the wireless adaptor.
    Which one has to be enabled for ICS /

    NZ

    Nuf Zed, Dec 17, 2005

  2. Nuf Zed

    Tom Lake Guest

    "Nuf Zed" <> wrote in message
    news:do0brc$ch8$...
    >I have a desktop with a hard-wired DSL modem for Internet access - and it
    >works fine.
    > There is also a laptop "networked" to this machine via a wireless WAP. The
    > network works fine e.g. file& printer sharing etc. but I cannot access the
    > internet from the LT.
    >
    > At the DT under Network Connections there are 2 icons - one for the DSL
    > modem and one for the wireless adaptor.
    > Which one has to be enabled for ICS /

    Have you tried both? Does the wireless connection have a firewall? Does
    the DSL
    connection?

    Tom Lake

    Tom Lake, Dec 17, 2005

  3. Nuf Zed

    David Ellis Guest

    Nuf Zed wrote:
    > I have a desktop with a hard-wired DSL modem for Internet access - and it
    > works fine.
    > There is also a laptop "networked" to this machine via a wireless WAP. The
    > network works fine e.g. file& printer sharing etc. but I cannot access the
    > internet from the LT.
    >
    > At the DT under Network Connections there are 2 icons - one for the DSL
    > modem and one for the wireless adaptor.
    > Which one has to be enabled for ICS /
    >
    > NZ

    You might find MSKB article 306126, "How to configure
    Internet Connection Sharing in Windows XP" helpful. Sorry I
    don't have the URL handy. The setting for enabling ICS is
    associated with the Internet connection.

    When I connected a home LAN to a wireless access point using
    ICS I found the following article indispensable. Its
    procedures filled the gaps left by Network Setup Wizard.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309642

    --David

    David Ellis, Dec 17, 2005