    process should be 'click and go'. Any help you guys can offer ?

    Thanks,

    Peter

    Peter, Jun 24, 2004

  2. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Seems I had unchecked "Allow websites to install software"...

    Sorry, all good now,

    Peter

    Peter, Jun 24, 2004

  3. Peter

    Quivis Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > Hi all,
    >
    > just started working with Firefox and I'm very happy with it. Major problem
    > though, is that I can't seem to install any extensions. I'm running on
    > Win2k SP4. Clicking the "Install Now" link on the page for the extension
    > does nothing. Right-clicking, choosing "Save link as...", subsequently
    > saving the .xpi file to disk and opening it with FireFox doesn't do
    > anything either. I've tried deinstalling and reinstalling, no luck.
    >
    > I've looked all around for people with similar problems but can't find any.
    > Am I doing something wrong ? From what I can gather, the installation
    > process should be 'click and go'. Any help you guys can offer ?

    I suspect that under Options -> Advanced you need to allow "Web sites to
    install software." This option may be off by default. You can turn it on
    temporarily and turn it off when the extension is installed.

    You should get a warning dialog on screen if you accidentally click on
    such a link, so I don't see any immediate problems with leaving it on.
    Then again, many web/computer newbies seem to click OK to anything they
    see.

    HTH

    Q.

    Quivis, Jun 24, 2004
  4. Peter

    Peter Guest

    On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 13:28:03 +0200, Quivis told us that:

    > I suspect that under Options -> Advanced you need to allow "Web sites to
    > install software." This option may be off by default. You can turn it on
    > temporarily and turn it off when the extension is installed.

    Yes, had overlooked that rather obvious solution before I made my post.
    Found it shortly after. Thanks for helping out.

    > Then again, many web/computer newbies seem to click OK to anything they
    > see.

    I'm neither and that's precisely why I turned it off after the initial
    installation. Didn't think about it when I tried to install an extension a
    few days later. Thanks again,

    Peter

    Peter, Jun 24, 2004