Newbie battery questions

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mooch, Jun 6, 2004.

  1. Mooch

    Mooch Guest

    Hiya,

    I have used AA NiMH and managed to ruin them (*I think* by lack of
    charging them on schedule and over charging them.)

    I was reading a couple of threads on the 'net that said rechargeable
    cvr3's last longer but are a tight fit in the battery compartment of
    different cameras.

    1. Has anyone bought rcrv3's to use with the Olympus C- 2100 UZ in the
    battery compartment in the body of the camera?

    2.Do the RCRV3's fit so tightly as to where you woudn't reccomend them
    for use in the battery compartment?

    3. Who makes the charger that stays the coolest while charging?

    4. Who makes the Li-Ion battery (that's rcrv3, isn't it?) that gives
    the best performance? i.e. Which one is the best?

    5. Can I use these batteries in my C2100 and are they enviromentally
    friendly? (rcrv3's and those in the link below.)

    point your browser to: http://www.sanyo.com/batteries/consumer.cfm

    My thanks to all who reply.

    Mooch

    Mooch, Jun 6, 2004

  2. Mooch wrote:
    > Hiya,
    >
    > I have used AA NiMH and managed to ruin them (*I think* by lack of
    > charging them on schedule and over charging them.)
    >
    > I was reading a couple of threads on the 'net that said rechargeable
    > cvr3's last longer but are a tight fit in the battery compartment of
    > different cameras.
    >
    > 1. Has anyone bought rcrv3's to use with the Olympus C- 2100 UZ in the
    > battery compartment in the body of the camera?
    >
    > 2.Do the RCRV3's fit so tightly as to where you woudn't reccomend them
    > for use in the battery compartment?
    >
    > 3. Who makes the charger that stays the coolest while charging?
    >
    > 4. Who makes the Li-Ion battery (that's rcrv3, isn't it?) that gives
    > the best performance? i.e. Which one is the best?
    >
    > 5. Can I use these batteries in my C2100 and are they enviromentally
    > friendly? (rcrv3's and those in the link below.)
    >
    > point your browser to: http://www.sanyo.com/batteries/consumer.cfm
    >
    > My thanks to all who reply.
    >
    > Mooch

    My suggestion is get a good smart charger. They need not be expensive.
    They generally are not the fastest, but they are nice to the batteries. For
    the most part you can ID them by looking for a charge indicator for each
    cell. Most will charge four at a time and they will have four independent
    lights, each light going out when that cell is fully charged.

    This means you get a custom charge for each cell. It may take a couple
    of hours if the batteries are not fully discharged or over night if they
    have been fully used.

    These chargers are safe for the batteries and give the max charge and
    are easy to use.

    While if your needs are really tight, you may want to go to something
    more special (like fast charge) but for most people these are the best.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Jun 6, 2004

  3. Mooch

    Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <>,
    Mooch <> wrote:

    > 3. Who makes the charger that stays the coolest while charging?

    Ansmann

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

    Bob Salomon, Jun 6, 2004
  4. Mooch

    Mooch Guest

    On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 20:06:49 -0400, Bob Salomon
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > Mooch <> wrote:
    >
    >> 3. Who makes the charger that stays the coolest while charging?

    >Ansmann

    Hi Bob,

    Is the Ansmann charger for RCRV3?

    Mooch, Jun 6, 2004
  5. Mooch

    Mooch Guest

    On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 00:05:34 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
    <> wrote:

    >> I was reading a couple of threads on the 'net that said rechargeable
    >> cvr3's last longer but are a tight fit in the battery compartment of
    >> different cameras.

    > While if your needs are really tight, you may want to go to something
    >more special (like fast charge) but for most people these are the best.

    Hiya Joseph,

    You might of misunderstood what I meant to say.

    If a rechargeable crv3 fits tightly in the battery compartment in the
    body of the camera, it might make it difficult to remove, and put
    strain on the battery cover (which is flimsy in my case) when trying
    to close the cover. That is a situation I would like to avoid,
    because I hear they ( rcrv3's) are difficult to remove.

    Have you tried rcrv3's?

    Thanks for the post.

    Mooch, Jun 6, 2004
  6. Mooch wrote:
    > On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 00:05:34 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>> I was reading a couple of threads on the 'net that said rechargeable
    >>> cvr3's last longer but are a tight fit in the battery compartment of
    >>> different cameras.

    >> While if your needs are really tight, you may want to go to
    >> something more special (like fast charge) but for most people these
    >> are the best.

    > Hiya Joseph,
    >
    > You might of misunderstood what I meant to say.
    >
    > If a rechargeable crv3 fits tightly in the battery compartment in the
    > body of the camera, it might make it difficult to remove, and put
    > strain on the battery cover (which is flimsy in my case) when trying
    > to close the cover. That is a situation I would like to avoid,
    > because I hear they ( rcrv3's) are difficult to remove.
    >
    > Have you tried rcrv3's?
    >
    > Thanks for the post.

    No I did not miss it, but it appears you have a choice of using AA cells
    or rcv3 batteries. My unstated comment was to forget the batteries and
    their possible problems and stick with the AA cells.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Jun 6, 2004
  7. Mooch

    Mike Lane Guest

    On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 01:11:31 +0100, Mooch wrote
    (in article <>):

    > On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 20:06:49 -0400, Bob Salomon
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> In article <>,
    >> Mooch <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> 3. Who makes the charger that stays the coolest while charging?

    >> Ansmann

    > Hi Bob,
    >
    > Is the Ansmann charger for RCRV3?

    No. They do a range of chargers for NiMH. See:
    http://www.ansmann.de/en/index.htm

    I have their Powerline travel charger which controls the charge for each
    individual cell. It comes with a set of interchangeable mains plugs for use
    in different countries.

    A complete charge takes about 3 hours. The cells get quite hot at the end of
    the charge though.

    --
    Mike Lane, North Yorkshire, UK
    To reply by email replace invalid with mike<underscore>lane

    Mike Lane, Jun 8, 2004