Newbie at video editing has question re mixing audio

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ed Pulliam, Oct 26, 2003.

  1. Ed Pulliam

    Ed Pulliam Guest

    Hello helpdesk people,

    I tried to Google for an answer, then a more OT news group without
    success.

    I have two avi video files, a and b. I want to use a as the video, and
    keep the audio as background sound, but need to mix in the audio from b
    as a voice over.

    I have been using an abandonedware product called VideoWave 5 from MGI
    (I think later acquired by Roxio), only because it came bundled with my
    burner. I think audio editing is where this software falls short.

    Can anyone suggest a windows XP alternative for the sound editing,
    and/or a all in one replacement for videowave? The final product will
    be a DVD.

    TIA

    --
    - Ed Pulliam