Newbie and stuck!

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by pete, Feb 24, 2006.

  1. pete

    pete Guest

    Hi I have a Cisco 877 wireless router.
    I have upgraded the firmware as the original version would not allow
    connection to a BT line, lol.
    I can get an ADSL connection and the connection test is successful.
    I have set up the router IP address to match my local network pool address
    with the router being the hctp host.

    I can connect to the router from my network, but I can not connect to the
    internet from my network.
    Is there something I am missing?
    Thank you

    !This is the running config of the router:
    !version 12.4
    no service pad
    service tcp-keepalives-in
    service tcp-keepalives-out
    service timestamps debug datetime msec localtime show-timezone
    service timestamps log datetime msec localtime show-timezone
    service password-encryption
    service sequence-numbers
    hostname xxxx
    logging buffered 51200 debugging
    logging console critical
    enable secret 5 xxxxxx
    no aaa new-model
    resource policy
    clock timezone London 0
    clock summer-time London date Mar 30 2003 1:00 Oct 26 2003 2:00
    ip subnet-zero
    no ip source-route
    ip cef
    no ip dhcp use vrf connected
    ip dhcp pool XXXXXXX-Pool
    import all
    ip inspect name DEFAULT100 cuseeme
    ip inspect name DEFAULT100 ftp
    ip inspect name DEFAULT100 h323
    ip inspect name DEFAULT100 icmp
    ip inspect name DEFAULT100 netshow
    ip inspect name DEFAULT100 rcmd
    ip inspect name DEFAULT100 realaudio
    ip inspect name DEFAULT100 rtsp
    ip inspect name DEFAULT100 esmtp
    ip inspect name DEFAULT100 sqlnet
    ip inspect name DEFAULT100 streamworks
    ip inspect name DEFAULT100 tftp
    ip inspect name DEFAULT100 tcp
    ip inspect name DEFAULT100 udp
    ip inspect name DEFAULT100 vdolive
    ip tcp synwait-time 10
    no ip bootp server
    ip domain name xxxxxxx
    ip name-server
    ip ssh time-out 60
    ip ssh authentication-retries 2
    crypto pki trustpoint TP-self-signed-xxxxxxx
    enrollment selfsigned
    subject-name cn=IOS-Self-Signed-Certificate-xxxxxxx
    revocation-check none
    rsakeypair TP-self-signed-xxxxx
    crypto pki certificate chain TP-self-signed-xxxxxx
    certificate self-signed 01

    username xxxxx
    bridge irb
    interface ATM0
    no ip address
    no ip redirects
    no ip unreachables
    no ip proxy-arp
    ip route-cache flow
    no atm ilmi-keepalive
    dsl operating-mode auto
    interface ATM0.1 point-to-point
    description $ES_WAN$$FW_OUTSIDE$
    pvc 0/38
    encapsulation aal5mux ppp dialer
    dialer pool-member 1
    interface FastEthernet0
    interface FastEthernet1
    interface FastEthernet2
    interface FastEthernet3
    interface Dot11Radio0
    no ip address
    encryption mode wep mandatory
    ssid xxxxxx
    authentication open
    speed basic-1.0 basic-2.0 basic-5.5 6.0 9.0 basic-11.0 12.0 18.0 24.0 36.0
    48.0 54.0
    channel 2462
    station-role root
    bridge-group 1
    bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled
    interface Vlan1
    no ip address
    bridge-group 1
    interface Dialer0
    description $FW_OUTSIDE$
    ip address negotiated
    ip access-group 101 in
    no ip redirects
    no ip unreachables
    no ip proxy-arp
    ip inspect DEFAULT100 out
    ip nat outside
    ip virtual-reassembly
    encapsulation ppp
    ip route-cache flow
    dialer pool 1
    dialer-group 1
    no cdp enable
    ppp authentication chap callin
    ppp chap hostname xxxxxx
    ppp chap password xxxxxxx
    interface BVI1
    description $ES_LAN$$FW_INSIDE$
    ip address
    ip access-group 100 in
    ip nat inside
    ip virtual-reassembly
    ip tcp adjust-mss 1452
    ip classless
    ip route Dialer0
    ip http server
    ip http authentication local
    ip http secure-server
    ip http timeout-policy idle 600 life 86400 requests 10000
    logging trap debugging
    access-list 1 remark INSIDE_IF=BVI1
    access-list 1 remark SDM_ACL Category=2
    access-list 1 permit
    access-list 100 remark auto generated by Cisco SDM Express firewall
    access-list 100 remark SDM_ACL Category=1
    access-list 100 deny ip host any
    access-list 100 deny ip any
    access-list 100 permit ip any any
    access-list 101 remark auto generated by Cisco SDM Express firewall
    access-list 101 remark SDM_ACL Category=1
    access-list 101 permit udp host eq domain any
    access-list 101 deny ip any
    access-list 101 permit icmp any any echo-reply
    access-list 101 permit icmp any any time-exceeded
    access-list 101 permit icmp any any unreachable
    access-list 101 deny ip any
    access-list 101 deny ip any
    access-list 101 deny ip any
    access-list 101 deny ip any
    access-list 101 deny ip host any
    access-list 101 deny ip host any
    access-list 101 deny ip any any
    dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit
    no cdp run
    bridge 1 protocol ieee
    bridge 1 route ip
    banner login ^CAuthorized access only!
    Disconnect IMMEDIATELY if you are not an authorized user!^C
    line con 0
    login local
    no modem enable
    transport output telnet
    line aux 0
    login local
    transport output telnet
    line vty 0 4
    privilege level 15
    login local
    transport input telnet ssh
    scheduler max-task-time 5000
    scheduler allocate 4000 1000
    scheduler interval 500
    pete, Feb 24, 2006

  2. Guest

    dsl operating-mode ansi-dmt

    and if that doesn't help, configure 'ip mtu 1452' under the dialer
    interface configuration.

    , Feb 24, 2006