    just got dvd writer & some dvd -r s is there a good step by step guide for
    copying dvds (ie what software is needed etc)
    thanks
    s w, Apr 24, 2004

  2. s w

    Dragon Guest

    well nero can copy dvds as long as they are copies already and to copy ab
    original well where do i start, ok dvd decrypter 3.1.6 and dvd2one and dvd
    shrink would all be very useful

    Dave

    Dragon, Apr 25, 2004

  3. s w

    unclejr Guest

    "s w" <> wrote...
    > just got dvd writer & some dvd -r s is there a good step by step guide for
    > copying dvds (ie what software is needed etc)
    > thanks

    Take this to alt.video.dvdr please... I'll answer your question there.

    -Junior
    unclejr, Apr 25, 2004
  4. s w

    Cols Cavern Guest

    http://www.doom9.org/
    Cols Cavern, Apr 25, 2004
  5. s w

    Bite Me Guest

    In article <>,
    (unclejr) wrote:
    >"s w" <> wrote...
    >> just got dvd writer & some dvd -r s is there a good step by step guide for
    >> copying dvds (ie what software is needed etc)
    >> thanks

    >Take this to alt.video.dvdr please... I'll answer your question there.
    >
    >-Junior

    Another question then please. Which group would be the best one for DVD
    writers (computer ones)? I'm looking for one so want to research it first.

    Basically I just want to use it for data backup (700 MBs just doesn't seem
    big enough anymore). I also *may* back up some VHS stuff to DVD but I don't
    see myself needing to 'backup' commercial DVD's.

    Thanks for any suggestions.

    --
    bpoulton at vcn dot bc dot ca (Bob Poulton) Remove 'yourhat' to reply
    An Email as well as a response to the Newsgroup would be appreciated as
    Bite Me, Apr 27, 2004
  6. s w

    Phil Leonard Guest

    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdwriters
    Phil Leonard, Apr 27, 2004
  7. s w

    Justin Guest

    Bite Me wrote on [Tue, 27 Apr 2004 01:13:04 +0000 (UTC)]:
    > In article <>,
    > (unclejr) wrote:
    >>"s w" <> wrote...
    >>> just got dvd writer & some dvd -r s is there a good step by step guide for
    >>> copying dvds (ie what software is needed etc)
    >>> thanks

    >>Take this to alt.video.dvdr please... I'll answer your question there.
    >>
    >>-Junior

    > Another question then please. Which group would be the best one for DVD
    > writers (computer ones)? I'm looking for one so want to research it first.

    Uh, alt.video.dvdr
    Justin, Apr 27, 2004
  8. s w

    Bite Me Guest

    In article <2go.com>,
    Justin <> wrote:
    >Bite Me wrote on [Tue, 27 Apr 2004 01:13:04 +0000 (UTC)]:
    >> Another question then please. Which group would be the best one for DVD
    >> writers (computer ones)? I'm looking for one so want to research it first.

    >Uh, alt.video.dvdr

    Uh. This is where I posted it from and there's little information here on
    hardware. It's mostly on software. I'm looking for a NG similar to
    alt.comp.periphs.cdr.

    Bite Me, Apr 28, 2004
  9. s w

    Nonymous Guest

    "Bite Me" <> wrote in message
    > In article <2go.com>,
    > Justin <> wrote:
    > >Bite Me wrote on [Tue, 27 Apr 2004 01:13:04 +0000 (UTC)]:
    > >> Another question then please. Which group would be the best one for DVD
    > >> writers (computer ones)? I'm looking for one so want to research it

    first.

    > >Uh, alt.video.dvdr

    > Uh. This is where I posted it from and there's little information here on
    > hardware. It's mostly on software. I'm looking for a NG similar to
    > alt.comp.periphs.cdr.

    alt.video.dvd.tech
    Nonymous, Apr 28, 2004
  10. s w

    I am Guest

    (Bite Me) wrote:

    >Another question then please. Which group would be the best one for DVD
    >writers (computer ones)? I'm looking for one so want to research it first.

    Try this http://www.afterdawn.com/index-menu.cfm covers hardware,
    software, and media.
    I am, Apr 28, 2004
  11. s w

    Bite Me Guest

    In article <>,
    I am <> wrote:
    >On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 01:13:04 +0000 (UTC),
    >(Bite Me) wrote:
    >

    >>Another question then please. Which group would be the best one for DVD
    >>writers (computer ones)? I'm looking for one so want to research it first.
    >>

    >Try this http://www.afterdawn.com/index-menu.cfm covers hardware,
    >software, and media.

    I'll give this a shot too. Thanks.

    Bite Me, Apr 29, 2004
  12. "Cols Cavern" <> wrote in message
    > "s w" <> wrote in message
    > > just got dvd writer & some dvd -r s is there a good step by step guide

    for
    > > copying dvds (ie what software is needed etc)
    > > thanks

    Pinnacle's DVD Copy will copy and has the advantage of copying 2 layer disks
    onto single layer blanks (the loss of quality because of the extra
    compression is barely noticeable).

    If you wish to copy CSS protected disks (purely for security copy purposes
    of course) then load DVDregionfree (use google) first (or anyDVD - does
    exactly the same thing).

    Alternatively DVDfab (use google again) will copy CSS protected disks
    directly, but copies 2 layer disks onto 2 single layer blanks.

    I have used both solutions, but my personal preference is for the first.

    Ian.
    The Electric Fan Club, Apr 29, 2004
  13. "The Electric Fan Club" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    > "Cols Cavern" <> wrote in message
    > > "s w" <> wrote in message
    > > > just got dvd writer & some dvd -r s is there a good step by step guide

    > for
    > > > copying dvds (ie what software is needed etc)
    > > > thanks
    > > >

    > Pinnacle's DVD Copy will copy and has the advantage of copying 2 layer

    disks
    > onto single layer blanks (the loss of quality because of the extra
    > compression is barely noticeable).
    >
    > If you wish to copy CSS protected disks (purely for security copy purposes
    > of course) then load DVDregionfree (use google) first (or anyDVD - does
    > exactly the same thing).
    >
    > Alternatively DVDfab (use google again) will copy CSS protected disks
    > directly, but copies 2 layer disks onto 2 single layer blanks.
    >
    > I have used both solutions, but my personal preference is for the first.

    Errata: First para: Should be "Pinnacle's Instant Copy".

    Ian.
    The Electric Fan Club, Apr 30, 2004