    TIA,
    Donna F.
    Texas

    Donna F., Aug 20, 2004

  2. Donna F.

    Eric Guest

    Donna F. wrote:

    > I've been doing VB.NET windows apps development for about
    > 6 months and want to start working toward my MCAD. I
    > already have VB.NET and ADO.NET Step by Step books. I'm
    > seeing that everyone loves the Amit and Mike books, and
    > wonder if I should purchase their books too?
    >
    > I'd love to hear from others that are currently preparing
    > for the same test combo I've chosen or have already
    > completed and can give me some info.
    >
    > TIA,
    > Donna F.
    > Texas

    For VB.NET, get Mike's books.

    The 3 tests you specify are a good choice if windows apps is you
    desired target.

    Many companies are mostly interested in Web apps, so from a career
    perspective, it might be good to get the 70-305 in there.

    Maybe 70-305/70-306/70-310

    or 70-305/70-229/70-310

    The main reason to take 306 first is because it's probably easier for
    you based on your background (which I'm guessing is VB6 Windows apps?).

    Eric

    Eric, Aug 20, 2004

  3. Donna F.

    Donna F. Guest

    Hi Eric,

    Thank you for your help. My experience with VB is solely
    in VB.NET. My previous programming/coding experience is
    primarily in Cold Fusion so this is my first taste of OOP
    and I'm loving it! I'm going to do some checking but I
    think you are probably right on the best career choice
    being web apps instead of windows.

    Thanks again for your help!

    Donna F.

    Donna F., Aug 20, 2004
  4. Donna F.

    Raja Guest

    Donna,

    For 306 & 310 exams, stick with Mike's books. Though they
    do have some errors, they're the best ones available
    there. The links are
    70-306 : http://tinyurl.com/5hapf
    70-310 : http://tinyurl.com/52oav

    Also, be sure to check out the errata at
    http://www.larkware.com/TGErrata.txt

    Good luck !
    - Raja.

    Raja, Aug 21, 2004