    domain? In other words...we don't want to give the users new
    usernames/passwords....we'd like to switch this over without the users
    knowing.
    Mike, Apr 16, 2004

  2. Mike <> writes:
    >We just inherited a Cisco 2511 access server and would like to move
    >off of our existing Microsoft RAS server and onto this one but I don't
    >have much experience with this. Is there any way to use this product
    >and have users dial into it but authenticate directly onto our NT 4.0
    >domain? In other words...we don't want to give the users new
    >usernames/passwords....we'd like to switch this over without the users
    >knowing.

    You'll need some external software. Specificly an authentication
    software package that supports RADIUS or TACACS. There's some free
    ones around that run on Windows and can authenticate against a windows
    domain. There's also some enterprise packages available as well. Cisco
    has some and Funk Software are probably the two biggies.
    --
    Doug McIntyre
    Network Engineer/Jack of All Trades
    Doug McIntyre, Apr 16, 2004