    own pace. What exactly can I do in order to do this. Just buy the book
    needed for the course and learn it myself? try and find an online course?
    or do I have to go and take the 2 or 3 day course? Thank you.
    =?Utf-8?B?RGVyZWs=?=, Jun 8, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RGVyZWs=?=

    Blackmetal Guest

    Hello,

    Have you taken some minutes to review the other posts? there are hundreds of
    the same questions and answers.

    I recommend you to read a little bit.

    Blackmetal, Jun 8, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?RGVyZWs=?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    Blackmetal wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Have you taken some minutes to review the other posts? there are hundreds of
    > the same questions and answers.
    >
    > I recommend you to read a little bit.
    >
    > "Derek" <> wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > > My name is Derek and I am ready to start training to become MCDBA
    > > certified initially and eventually upgrade it, or if I can just do the
    > > entire
    > > thing at once. I work a lot and my schedule shifts a lot, is there any
    > > way
    > > that I can take exams after teaching myself or is there any online courses
    > > that I can take to prepare for an exam. I only have a little bit of
    > > knowledge on the topics so I need to learn them, but I need to do it at my
    > > own pace. What exactly can I do in order to do this. Just buy the book
    > > needed for the course and learn it myself? try and find an online course?
    > > or do I have to go and take the 2 or 3 day course? Thank you.

    Blackmetal is right about there being a wealth of information in the
    archives of these certification newsgroups. You might also check the
    NG's "microsoft.public.cert.mcdba" and "microsoft.public.cert.mcad" for
    specific information.

    Of course, since you are asking for personal suggestions, my suggestion
    would be to evaluate yourself. Everyone has his own capability and
    preferred mode of learning. If you feel comfortable learning on your
    own with a book or two, go that way. If you learn faster by taking a
    course, then go that way.

    The most important thing that I always emphasize is practice. And that
    can be done whether you do self-study or take coaching for the exams.
    Cerebrus, Jun 9, 2006