Newb Need help with my Layout Design

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Viper_iii, Nov 6, 2006.

  1. Viper_iii

    Viper_iii

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Location:
    USA
    Working with a Pix 506 ver 5.1

    I have attached a very rough layout of my network needs...

    I have the basic configuration in the pix for the existing network but not sure how to get it configured to handle the two subnets.... or a DMZ as a third subnet ....

    it seems that it almost has to support a Vlan in part to get this working properly or am I completely insane?!?

    I have two interfaces... Inside and outside effectively...

    can someone give me some advice?

    I'm almost moving towards using an IPcop solution in the mean time to get the results I want but don't want to go from a secure pix to something not so great... I also might move to something like the netscreen but do not want to have to deal with monthly costs on a firewall.... annuall support and upgrade agreements excluded... sonic wall and others have monthly contract crap that I don't want...

    Ideas suggestions are welcome though...

    We have a fully gigabit network that I am slowly making a managed gigabit network. I inherited a fully unmanaged gigabit network that runs like a 300mbit network with all netgear unmanaged switches which I am planning to remove almost all of...

    Anyway advice is good...

    Attached Files:

    • id.JPG
      id.JPG
      File size:
      13 KB

  2. Viper_iii

    PIXn00b

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2006
    Messages:
    4
    A router is what you are missing IMO

    PIXn00b, Nov 6, 2006

  3. Viper_iii

    Viper_iii

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Location:
    USA
    okay I forgot to put a 2600 in there that is passing public Wan to my pix...

    oops...

    but can a 506 even do what I want it to?

    Viper_iii, Nov 6, 2006