    I'm using Block Ban Lists from Bluetack and PeerGuardian, just keen to
    beef up the defenses with any local data.

    Cheers

    Finch, Nov 4, 2006

  2. Finch

    Anony Mouse Guest

    Finch wrote:
    > Does anyone know if there are any block lists specific to New Zealand
    > or Australian companies, corporations, education, government, and so
    > on?
    >
    > I'm using Block Ban Lists from Bluetack and PeerGuardian, just keen to
    > beef up the defenses with any local data.
    >
    > Cheers

    There used to be one but they got attacked off the net and had to shut
    it down to stop the botnets closing down NZ bandwidth.

    Anony Mouse

    Anony Mouse, Nov 4, 2006

  3. Finch

    Mark C Guest

    Anony Mouse <> wrote in

    > Finch wrote:
    >> Does anyone know if there are any block lists specific to New
    >> Zealand or Australian companies, corporations, education,
    >> government, and so on?
    >>
    >> I'm using Block Ban Lists from Bluetack and PeerGuardian, just
    >> keen to beef up the defenses with any local data.
    >>

    > There used to be one but they got attacked off the net and had
    > to shut it down to stop the botnets closing down NZ bandwidth.

    Are you two talking about the same type of block list?

    * By inference, Finch is talking about a list that allows blocking of
    IPs that might be hostile to file-sharing.

    That block list would *allow* 'mom-and-dad' ISP users, who might be
    sharing stuff, but would block 'copyright enforcement' that may
    object to the sharing of stuff and attempt to track IPs that were
    involved in that sharing.

    I can't imagine the 'copyright enforcement' people using botnets to
    shut down such a block list site (I could be wrong).

    * By inference, Anony Mouse is (may be?) talking about a list that
    allows blocking of spam hosts, or maybe dynamic IPs.

    I can imagine spammers or other blackhats using a botnet to take down
    such a block list site.

    Mark

    Mark C, Nov 4, 2006
  4. Finch

    Finch Guest

    Yup, you got it in one. I'm looking for txt feed files for PeerGuardian
    to be exact.

    Finch, Nov 5, 2006