    If anyone can do this, please let me know.

    thanks
    peter

    Peter Gradwell, Nov 28, 2004

  2. Peter Gradwell

    Dmitri Guest

    Peter Gradwell wrote:

    > Hi

    > I run a UK VoIP Provider and am trying to find a similar operation in
    > New York who can provide me with a phone number of the form
    > 1-212-NNN-0010.

    > If anyone can do this, please let me know.

    > thanks
    > peter

    This would normally require additional fees for a "vanity number", but
    even if you get lucky, you can only hit one or two of the 999 combinations
    for the NNN in your number. I cannot think of a provider that has all the
    exchange numbers in the area, let alone for the 0010 number that goes
    pretty quick. Are you saying you are capable of pulling that off in UK?

    --
    Dmitri Abaimov, RCDD
    http://www.cabling-design.com

    http://www.cabling-design.com/forums

    Dmitri, Nov 28, 2004

  3. Peter Gradwell

    john Guest

    "Peter Gradwell" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I run a UK VoIP Provider and am trying to find a similar operation in
    > New York who can provide me with a phone number of the form
    > 1-212-NNN-0010.
    >
    > If anyone can do this, please let me know.
    >
    > thanks
    > peter

    We do VOIP.

    Try Sale at +1 212 758 3283 Ext. 108.

    john, Nov 29, 2004
  4. On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 23:54:10 GMT,
    (Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com))
    wrote:

    >> I run a UK VoIP Provider and am trying to find a similar operation in
    >> New York who can provide me with a phone number of the form
    >> 1-212-NNN-0010.

    >> If anyone can do this, please let me know.

    >This would normally require additional fees for a "vanity number", but
    >even if you get lucky, you can only hit one or two of the 999 combinations
    >for the NNN in your number. I cannot think of a provider that has all the
    >exchange numbers in the area, let alone for the 0010 number that goes
    >pretty quick. Are you saying you are capable of pulling that off in UK?

    Yes, I already have it, my london number is +44-020-7NNN-0010 (we're a
    PSTN operator here in .uk), and being a telco-junkie I wanted a
    matching US one, preferably in the 212 area code.

    In the UK, we get allocated 10k blocks of numbers, so if you're the
    operator, it's quite easy to pick the number you want ;-)

    The fees aren't really the issue. As you say, I need to get lucky and
    find the people who have the blocks, who can deliver them via SIP. So
    far I've drawn a blank @ most of the usual suspects.

    cheers
    peter

    Peter Gradwell, Nov 29, 2004
  5. Peter Gradwell

    BobS Guest

    You may want to give USADatanet a try ( www.usadatnet.com ). Their AllTalk
    VoIP service has just been cranked up (with a few bugs) and they offer
    virtual numbers for different area codes so it may be possible. They're
    located here in Syracuse, NY.

    Bob S.

    BobS, Nov 29, 2004
  6. > I run a UK VoIP Provider and am trying to find a similar operation
    > in New York who can provide me with a phone number of the form
    > 1-212-NNN-0010.

    You may well find that there simply aren't any NXX-0010 numbers available
    in 212. The 212 area code has been completely full for years.

    If I really wanted an -0010 number, I'd start by having someone call
    all of the numbers from 212-200-0010 through 212-999-0010, note any
    that appear to be vacant, and apologize for the wrong number to the
    people at the more than 900 live numbers you'll have called. Then you
    can tell from the NANPA charts what carriers have ones that appear to
    be vacant and call them to see if you can get the number from them.
    Depending on who it is, you may have to sign up for mobile service, a
    pager, POTS over CATV, or whatever else they sell.

    Since 212 is fully portable and the US does not have service-specific
    numbers, once you have your number, you can port it to a carrier that
    offers the service you want to use.

    If this all sounds like more trouble than it's worth, maybe you should
    either widen your horizons to 646 and 347, or just get any old number
    and use it.

    John R. Levine, Nov 29, 2004
  7. Peter Gradwell

    Ivor Jones Guest

    John R. Levine wrote:
    >> I run a UK VoIP Provider and am trying to find a similar operation
    >> in New York who can provide me with a phone number of the form
    >> 1-212-NNN-0010.

    > You may well find that there simply aren't any NXX-0010 numbers
    > available in 212. The 212 area code has been completely full for
    > years.
    >
    > If I really wanted an -0010 number, I'd start by having someone call
    > all of the numbers from 212-200-0010 through 212-999-0010, note any
    > that appear to be vacant, and apologize for the wrong number to the
    > people at the more than 900 live numbers you'll have called. Then
    > you can tell from the NANPA charts what carriers have ones that
    > appear to
    > be vacant and call them to see if you can get the number from them.
    > Depending on who it is, you may have to sign up for mobile service,
    > a pager, POTS over CATV, or whatever else they sell.
    >
    > Since 212 is fully portable and the US does not have
    > service-specific numbers, once you have your number, you can port
    > it to a carrier that offers the service you want to use.
    >
    > If this all sounds like more trouble than it's worth, maybe you
    > should either widen your horizons to 646 and 347, or just get any
    > old number and use it.

    I know it's not what you want to hear, but www.ipkall.com supply free
    Washington state (area code 360) numbers which you can route to any
    existing SIP account. They may have one free with -0010..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Nov 29, 2004
  8. On 29 Nov 2004 12:40:29 -0500, (John R. Levine) wrote:

    >If I really wanted an -0010 number, I'd start by having someone call
    >all of the numbers from 212-200-0010 through 212-999-0010, note any
    >that appear to be vacant, and apologize for the wrong number to the
    >people at the more than 900 live numbers you'll have called. Then you
    >can tell from the NANPA charts what carriers have ones that appear to
    >be vacant and call them to see if you can get the number from them.
    >Depending on who it is, you may have to sign up for mobile service, a
    >pager, POTS over CATV, or whatever else they sell.
    >
    >Since 212 is fully portable and the US does not have service-specific
    >numbers, once you have your number, you can port it to a carrier that
    >offers the service you want to use.

    Thanks for the suggestion. Sounds like a good job for my office
    junior...

    >If this all sounds like more trouble than it's worth, maybe you should
    >either widen your horizons to 646 and 347, or just get any old number
    >and use it.

    yes, possibly. I've written to a large number of operators now, so
    I'll wait for the fall out. Who knows, I may get lucky!

    cheers
    peter

    Peter Gradwell, Nov 29, 2004