    DKI Guest

    Creative just reciently released there new driver with bug fixes and also
    now supports X64

    DKI, Nov 15, 2005

  2. "DKI" <> wrote in message
    news:Opx$...
    > Creative just reciently released there new driver with bug fixes and also
    > now supports X64

    Beat you to it. Look for my post dated 11/14/2005 :)

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, Nov 15, 2005

  3. Oops, wrote too soon. Looks like a driver just for x64. Thanks for the
    heads up.

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, Nov 15, 2005
  4. I forgot the other day, I wanted to ask you if you have any opinion on the
    quality of the 'thing' - meaning, X-Fi as new technology vs. Audigy2 - will
    it be sensible, or just plain dumb to scrap the audigy at this time. Will it
    require new speekers to honor the quality?

    Regards, Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Nov 15, 2005
  5. "Tony Sperling" <> wrote in message
    >I forgot the other day, I wanted to ask you if you have any opinion on the
    >quality of the 'thing' - meaning, X-Fi as new technology vs. Audigy2 - will
    >it be sensible, or just plain dumb to scrap the audigy at this time. Will
    >it require new speekers to honor the quality?
    >
    > Regards, Tony. . .

    Tony, it depends on what you use your soundcard for. If you don't play
    games, watch DVD's, or create music ... I would say no need to upgrade
    unless your soundcard is about to go kaput. But, if you do any of those
    things, then yes go for it.

    Now as to which one you go for, it again depends on how you use your
    soundcard. There are four flavors of this soundcard. I myself got the X-Fi
    Platinum as I have a midi keyboard that I plugin to it. I would have
    purchased the X-Fi Pro, but I don't have 399.00 for a soundcard. LOL

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, Nov 15, 2005
  6. DKI

    DKI Guest

    I got the next model up the XFI Fatality FPS which was only £20 more than
    the Platinum from where i got mine from.

    I would of like the elite pro but that was a bit to far out my range but £20
    mor for 64mb of XRAM which developers could use sometime in the future i
    though why not.

    DKI, Nov 15, 2005
  7. "DKI" <> wrote in message
    >I got the next model up the XFI Fatality FPS which was only £20 more than
    >the Platinum from where i got mine from.
    >
    > I would of like the elite pro but that was a bit to far out my range but
    > £20 mor for 64mb of XRAM which developers could use sometime in the future
    > i though why not.

    The Fatality was 100 US Dollars more than the Platinum, when I purchased it.
    :(

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, Nov 15, 2005
  8. O.K. - that 'sounds' like the sort of philosophy I would subscribe to - the
    'best' quality at lowest prize, means to spend a little extra.

    Thanks a lot.

    Tony Sperling, Nov 15, 2005
  9. DKI

    DKI Guest

    I waited the price range was £100 for the music £150 for Platinum £170 for
    fatality, and £240 for pro (all rounded up).

    The fatal1ty has come down nearly £20 though reciently since i got it to
    £155 from where i got mine.

    Just hope the price don't go down any more or i would be enoyed then again
    would teach me to wait.

    DKI, Nov 15, 2005