    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 11, 2006

  2. Charlie:
    Do you mean that after running x64 for over 2 years between CPP and
    released version that the directions are finally available. Maybe I had
    better read them so that I'll know what I'm missing. Have a great day
    Charlie.

    Dennis Pack x64, IE7B2, May 11, 2006

  3. EXCELLENT PRESENTATION, Charlie .....
    Have been running 64-Bit for a long time now, but your paper was still very
    informative to me.
    Recommended reading for all !! Thanks again.
    John .....

    Administrator/jhafele, May 11, 2006
  4. Charlie Russel - MVP

    Jane Colman Guest

    That is a really good white paper. Well done Charlie :)

    Now I can only hope that people considering a move to x64 take the time to
    read it.

    Reading Charlie's earlier piece about x64 on the MS site encouraged me to
    give it a try....and I'm glad I did. I did my homework re drivers etc
    before installing the Trial version. It only took me a few days to totally
    neglect my 32bit XP..... ;)

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64bit enabled ;)
    Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation.
    Jane Colman, May 11, 2006
  5. Wow, well written/excellent article Charlie. Haven't read all of it, but I
    am enjoying the explanations of things like registers and history of the x86
    architecture. Thanks.
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], May 11, 2006
  6. You're ahead of me in many ways, Dennis. I got my first x64 capable machine
    in January of 2005. So only a year and a half here. :)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 11, 2006
  7. Thanks.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 11, 2006
  8. Thanks, Jane. Hopefully we can get folks considering new purchases to read
    it first. The real goal is to ensure that people who wouldn't have a good
    experience can understand where the issues are. Sort of like the hospitals
    these days and "informed consent". I really thought it was important to
    provide this level of guidance, and fortunately the PM for x64 agreed with
    me.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 11, 2006
  9. Thanks, Andre.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 11, 2006
  10. Charlie Russel - MVP

    CM Guest

    x64 OS right for me, but no hardware driver download!

    --
    Thanks!

    CM
    =========

    CM, May 11, 2006
  11. Charlie Russel - MVP

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Wed, 10 May 2006 17:34:11 -0700, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
    <> wrote:

    >I've got a new whitepaper up on Microsoft.com at:

    Interesting read. Thanks Charlie!

    Now we only need translations to different languages ;-)

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, May 11, 2006
  12. I'm not sure what the MS policy is on translations. The main web site gets
    automatically translated to several languages, but the actual whitepapers
    I'm not so sure. Especially when, like this one, they are strictly a
    download.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 11, 2006
  13. Charlie Russel - MVP

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Thu, 11 May 2006 06:25:11 -0700, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
    <> wrote:

    >I'm not sure what the MS policy is on translations. The main web site gets
    >automatically translated to several languages, but the actual whitepapers
    >I'm not so sure. Especially when, like this one, they are strictly a
    >download.

    OK. That would be a pity then, because the interest in x64 is growing, and
    not everybody's English is that good to be able to read the paper
    thoroughly. But then again, you haven't written it in academic English :)

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, May 11, 2006
  14. No, it wasn't academic English. ;) Deliberately, I confess. But hopefully it
    will get translated at some point.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 11, 2006
  15. Maybe Jud and Carlos could help with Translations, although, its a lot to
    translate. :)

    Andre Da Costa, May 11, 2006
  16. Andre:
    For sure our good friend Charlie deserves it.
    But being so short of time as I am right now, I might just end up
    translating the 19 pages by the time 128-bit computing is being introduced!
    And now my congratulations to Charlie: Really, really good material, writing
    style, excellent!
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, May 11, 2006
  17. Thanks, Carlos.