    Lubbock, Texas
    rkinserlow at cox dot net
    homepage: www.members.cox.net/rkinserlow

    Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr., Aug 27, 2005

  2. That file is actually Dr. Watson for Windows, it's part of the operating
    system. It's basically a debugging tool that launches automatically when
    certain program errors occur. You can read about it here:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;308538

    Doug Schneider, Aug 27, 2005

  3. On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 17:47:45 -0500, "Doug Schneider" <>
    wrote:

    >That file is actually Dr. Watson for Windows, it's part of the operating
    >system. It's basically a debugging tool that launches automatically when
    >certain program errors occur. You can read about it here:

    If drwtsn32.exe is a system file, why didn't sfc.exe replace it after
    I deleted it?

    Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr., Aug 28, 2005
  4. Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.

    JANA Guest

    Dr. Watson is a very important debugging tool for Windows. It automatically
    keeps a log for troubleshooting the Windows operating system, and effected
    applications.

    Your computer was probably running slower, because there is a fault going
    on. All you did was destroy the logging of it, to be able to find the
    problem. If you go in to the help system for Windows, and visit the MS
    site, you can read about Dr. Watson, and have an idea of how it is used.

    You will now have to look up about how to extract it back from your
    installation CD, so that the system can use it again.

    After it is re-installed, you should be looking in to things to know why the
    computer is running slow.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Aug 29, 2005
  5. Sfc.exe will only scan for and replace "protected" files. Protected files
    are supposed to include all sys, dll, exe and ocx files that ship on the
    Windows XP CD. Why drwtsn32.exe doesn't get replaced, I don't know, however
    there are always exceptions to the rule. Reinstalling it, should you choose
    to, can be done by: Start > Run > drwtsn32 -i .

    Doug Schneider, Aug 29, 2005
  6. On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 22:58:16 -0400, "JANA" <> wrote:

    >Dr. Watson is a very important debugging tool for Windows. It automatically
    >keeps a log for troubleshooting the Windows operating system, and effected
    >applications.
    >
    >Your computer was probably running slower, because there is a fault going
    >on. All you did was destroy the logging of it, to be able to find the
    >problem. If you go in to the help system for Windows, and visit the MS
    >site, you can read about Dr. Watson, and have an idea of how it is used.
    >
    >You will now have to look up about how to extract it back from your
    >installation CD, so that the system can use it again.
    >
    >After it is re-installed, you should be looking in to things to know why the
    >computer is running slow.

    All I know is deleting all instances of drwtsn32.exe on my hard drive
    seemed to solve my problem. What clued me in was there were many,
    many instances of the process drwtsn32.exe showing up when I ran the
    task manager. I found two instances of drwatson.exe on my hard drive,
    one of them in c:\windows\system32. I am told this is not the dr
    watson for windows. It does run, but all I get is a small box with
    "No Faults Detected" printed in it. I notice the mickeysoft copyright
    is 1990-1995.

    Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr., Aug 29, 2005
  7. On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 22:54:19 -0500, "Doug Schneider" <>
    wrote:

    >Sfc.exe will only scan for and replace "protected" files. Protected files
    >are supposed to include all sys, dll, exe and ocx files that ship on the
    >Windows XP CD. Why drwtsn32.exe doesn't get replaced, I don't know, however
    >there are always exceptions to the rule. Reinstalling it, should you choose
    >to, can be done by: Start > Run > drwtsn32 -i .

    When I try to run drwtsn32 -i, I get a file not found box.
    drwatson.exe will run, perhaps it's the protected file.

    Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr., Aug 29, 2005