    What is the cause? I'm running XP and Word 2000.

    D.

    , Jul 30, 2005

  2. Toolman Tim Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I create a new word file and open it to write and it doesn't fully
    > load. Bottom left it says Requesting virus scan. It stops responding.
    >
    > What is the cause? I'm running XP and Word 2000.
    >
    > D.

    And you don't think it's important to post what your AV program is? Hmmm....

    Toolman Tim, Jul 30, 2005

  3. Max Wachtel Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in

    > <> wrote in message
    >>I create a new word file and open it to write and it doesn't fully
    >> load. Bottom left it says Requesting virus scan. It stops
    >> responding.
    >>
    >> What is the cause? I'm running XP and Word 2000.
    >>
    >> D.
    >>

    > And you don't think it's important to post what your AV program
    > is? Hmmm....

    he is using AVG maybe?
    -max
    Registered Linux User #393236

    Max Wachtel, Jul 30, 2005
  4. dworkin Guest

    Max Wachtel wrote:

    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in
    >

    >> <> wrote in message
    >>>I create a new word file and open it to write and it doesn't fully
    >>> load. Bottom left it says Requesting virus scan. It stops
    >>> responding.
    >>>
    >>> What is the cause? I'm running XP and Word 2000.
    >>>
    >>> D.
    >>>

    >> And you don't think it's important to post what your AV program
    >> is? Hmmm....
    >>

    > he is using AVG maybe?
    > -max

    Or our favorite (not) - one of the Norton products.

    Dworkin
    --
    "And that's how we learned our lesson."
    - Bender

    dworkin, Jul 30, 2005
  5. Unk Guest

    On 30 Jul 2005 12:09:05 -0700, wrote:

    >I create a new word file and open it to write and it doesn't fully
    >load. Bottom left it says Requesting virus scan. It stops responding.
    >
    >What is the cause? I'm running XP and Word 2000.
    >
    >D.

    Run the options menu for whatever Anti-Virus program your using. Look for, and uncheck, "Enable
    Office Plug-in" or a similar option.

    Unk, Jul 30, 2005