New Wireless Network - Cannot share folders or printer - why?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by gmskelton@gmail.com, Mar 12, 2007.

  1. Guest

    1st PC - Windows Vista
    2nd PC - Windows XP
    Network stuff - Belkin wireless-g router connected to the XP PC,
    Belkin network card in Vista PC

    Issue:

    Just installed everything I thought I needed for a wireless home
    network and it connected to the internet fine (I can surf on both
    computers).

    However, what I really wanted t do was to:

    1) Share files/folders etc
    2) Share a printer (currently got a Canon Multi-function laser
    printer
    connected to the XP PC as a normal non-network printer)

    I cannot for the life of me get these two items above to happen. Any
    ideas greatly appreciated.

    Glenn

    , Mar 12, 2007

  2. Hi
    May be this can Help.
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Basic XP -
    Vista - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/network/evaluate/vista_fp.mspx
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Mar 13, 2007

  3. Hi Jack,

    Just to let you know *ezlan* is a wealth of information. I only wish I'd
    known about it before I fiddled around to get my network functional.

    --
    HTH,
    Curt

    Windows Support Center