New website

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Mike Meyers, Nov 11, 2003.

  1. Mike Meyers

    Mike Meyers Guest

    Hi All-

    Long time, no see! I've been incredibly busy the last few months making
    all the changes to the A+ books as well as all those extras you guys
    demand like teacher's guides, lab manuals and all kinds of other stuff.

    If you didn't already know my 5th edition is on the shelves. It's -
    beautiful. Well, at least I think so.

    Anyway, with the A+ winding down I'm able to get back online. But I've
    realized that for the last few years I've been unable to keep up with
    the rounds of going from website to website as well as the newsgroups.
    To make my life easier, I've opened a new website that's just for me and
    the stuff I want to talk about - and that certainly includes A+, Net+
    and other certifications!

    So, I'd like to invite you to come say Hi! over at my new website -
    www.slammo.net. I'll be posting cutting edge certification news,
    pontificating about almost any topic under the sun and basically having
    a good time.

    Come by and check it out. It's still in tweaking stage so I'm very
    interested in you opinions.

    Mike

    Mike Meyers, Nov 11, 2003

  2. Mike Meyers

    Doss Guest

    I find the site characters hard to read because of the dark letters
    and background. Making one of the two lighter would greatly increase
    the usability. In lieu of that, maybe you could do something like
    Andrew Sullivan does at his website (andrewsullivan.com) where he has
    a link near the top of the page to change his site from having a black
    background to one with a white background, making for a much easier
    read.

    I'm studying your fourth edition right now, but looks like I'll have
    to get the fifth one also. Great book! I'm looking forward to learning
    a lot at your website.

    Doss, Nov 12, 2003

  3. Mike Meyers

    Mike Meyers Guest

    Thanks for the input guys.

    Mike

    Mike Meyers, Nov 12, 2003
  4. Mike Meyers

    thicksole Guest

    Hi all --

    I'm the guy that's helping Mike out with the SLAMMO.net site. Thanks for
    the comments. Tonight I added some different "themes" and a theme changer
    that will allow you to choose the look you like. One of the new looks is
    called "white pointer" -- my personal favorite...

    I'm doing a lot of this (well, all of it) on the fly -- so I really
    appreciate the feedback on how to make it better.

    Best,
    PM, A+

    thicksole, Nov 13, 2003
  5. Mike,
    I liked the site. I felt it was easy to use, and manuever through. I felt
    that the background color was cool, and that the theme changer was great.

    Ronnie Broyles, Nov 15, 2003