New ways of testing

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Mike, Feb 2, 2005.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Mike, Feb 2, 2005

  2. <quote>
    The Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) program is one of the most
    successful certification programs in the industry
    </quote>

    <response>
    ROTFLMAO!!!!
    </response>

    On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 16:38:14 -0500, "Mike" <> wrote:

    >Ms changing the testing to include simulation.
    >
    >Read more......
    >
    >http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2005/feb05/02-01PerformanceTesting.asp

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Feb 2, 2005

  3. Mike

    Syncme Guest

    "The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
    > <quote>
    > The Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) program is one of the most
    > successful certification programs in the industry
    > </quote>
    >
    > <response>
    > ROTFLMAO!!!!
    > </response>
    >
    > On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 16:38:14 -0500, "Mike" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Ms changing the testing to include simulation.
    >>
    >>Read more......
    >>
    >>http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2005/feb05/02-01PerformanceTesting.asp
    >>

    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    It is probably referring to successful sales. There are probably more MCSEs
    out there than cab driver.
    Wait ..... some are cab drivers....never mind

    Syncme, Feb 2, 2005
  4. Mike

    Nick Guest

    Nick, Feb 3, 2005
  5. Mike

    molsonexpert Guest

    "Nick" <> wrote in message
    > Does this mean the study material currently being used won't map to the

    new
    > exam.
    >
    > I couldn't see any dates on when they're going to implement this does

    anyone
    > know when this will be active
    >
    > Regs

    Actually the article says 70-290/70-291 will be implemented with simulations
    by march 31, 2005.

    I guess the answer to your first question depends on the study material
    you're currently using...

    steve.

    molsonexpert, Feb 3, 2005
  6. The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere wrote:
    > <quote>
    > The Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) program is one of the most
    > successful certification programs in the industry
    > </quote>
    >
    > <response>
    > ROTFLMAO!!!!
    > </response>

    It all depends on how you define "successful", really.

    It was quite successful for Mr. Gates.

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Feb 3, 2005
  7. Mike

    Syncme Guest

    Syncme, Feb 3, 2005
  8. Mike

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, molsonexpert climbed on a soapbox &
    opined:

    > Actually the article says 70-290/70-291 will be implemented with
    > simulations by march 31, 2005.
    >
    > I guess the answer to your first question depends on the study
    > material you're currently using...

    Yup. Sounds like if you have hands-on experience and actually know your
    stuff you'll be okay. If you have memorised a bunch of Q&A's out of a dump,
    well, yer fscked, mate.

    ROTFL

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110

    JaR, Feb 3, 2005
  9. Mike

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Syncme climbed on a soapbox &
    opined:

    > I wonder if this means there will be new study material published
    > perhaps with simulators on the cd/dvd.
    > I'm sure that would be useful for many.

    I thought that was the whole purpose of a test lab.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110

    JaR, Feb 3, 2005
  10. >It is probably referring to successful sales. There are probably more MCSEs
    >out there than cab driver.
    >Wait ..... some are cab drivers....never mind

    lol!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Feb 3, 2005
  11. >> <quote>
    >> The Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) program is one of the most
    >> successful certification programs in the industry
    >> </quote>
    >>
    >> <response>
    >> ROTFLMAO!!!!
    >> </response>

    >It all depends on how you define "successful", really.
    >
    >It was quite successful for Mr. Gates.

    and no doubt, testking and the likes of.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Feb 3, 2005
  12. >Yup. Sounds like if you have hands-on experience and actually know your
    >stuff you'll be okay. If you have memorised a bunch of Q&A's out of a dump,
    >well, yer fscked, mate.

    one day....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Feb 3, 2005
  13. >> I wonder if this means there will be new study material published
    >> perhaps with simulators on the cd/dvd.
    >> I'm sure that would be useful for many.

    >I thought that was the whole purpose of a test lab.

    having a practical understanding of the subject????? Are you mad??!!?
    whatever next...

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Feb 3, 2005
  14. Mike

    Kendal Emery Guest

    What?? Have someone set up a test lab? But they are just trying to be
    MCSE's, not understand the inner workings of a network. geesh, whatever
    were you thinking?

    --
    Kendal Emery
    MCNGP #19

    Kendal Emery, Feb 3, 2005
  15. >What?? Have someone set up a test lab? But they are just trying to be
    >MCSE's, not understand the inner workings of a network. geesh, whatever
    >were you thinking?

    JaR gone mad me thinks.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Feb 3, 2005
  16. Mike

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, The Poster Formerly Known as Kline
    Sphere climbed on a soapbox & opined:

    >>What?? Have someone set up a test lab? But they are just trying to be
    >>MCSE's, not understand the inner workings of a network. geesh, whatever
    >>were you thinking?

    > JaR gone mad me thinks.

    *What?*

    Oh, sorry. I forgot where I was for a second. Okay, I'm better now.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110

    JaR, Feb 3, 2005
  17. Mike

    Syncme Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Syncme climbed on a soapbox &
    > opined:
    >

    >> I wonder if this means there will be new study material published
    >> perhaps with simulators on the cd/dvd.
    >> I'm sure that would be useful for many.

    > I thought that was the whole purpose of a test lab.
    >
    > --
    > JaR
    > Thug 10110
    > Click on MCNGP.com and simulate a work environment!

    True, but you can simulate alot more things that might be difficult do in
    smaller testlabs.

    Syncme

    Syncme, Feb 3, 2005
  18. Mike

    Andrew Guest

    PressPass: What's it like to take one of the exams with simulations?

    Valvano: It's a "wow" experience. I've taken a lot of exams throughout my
    life - from school, into college, and then in my professional career -and
    this is a very different thing. Simulations incorporate many domains of
    skills in a single question. You're in a simulated environment and the
    simulation records all the steps you take to solve the problem. Your score
    is based on the path you take and the outcome you achieve. It's directly
    connected to what you do on a day-to-day basis in IT. What's really being
    tested is: Do I know how to do this?

    "Your score is based on the path you take AND the outcome you achieve?!!"

    So it's up to MSFT if you pass or not if you happen to do the task but in a
    different manner than they want - so you could get poorly scored. That to
    me, sucks a bit. If I get the right outcome, who cares how I get there.
    Now, I don't mean take 50 steps - I do know what they're shooting for - but
    if I take an extra step or two OR LESS then it shouldn't matter.

    Andrew, Feb 3, 2005
  19. Mike

    Adam Leinss Guest

    Adam Leinss, Feb 4, 2005
  20. Mike

    Neil Guest

    did you hear Adam Leinss <> say in

    > "Mike" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Ms changing the testing to include simulation.
    >>
    >> Read more......
    >>
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2005/feb05/02-01Perform
    >> anceTesting.asp

    > Didn't really say what this "simulation" they are going to do really
    > is. How many ways can you format a disk? I don't get it. Oh well.
    >
    > Adam

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/simulations/default.asp

    they had a kind of sim for the old IIS4 exam...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    nerd32768 and annoy the rest of us

    Neil, Feb 4, 2005