    for the original version. As a side note when searching on Amazon.ca
    they have both versions but the older version is $10 more. So is
    this new release enhanced or have I missed something ?
    Paul C., Jan 12, 2004

  2. Paul C.

    Rich Clark Guest

    "Paul C." <> wrote in message
    news:Xns946EAFEBBB097abcdefghjklica@198.164.200.20...
    > This is a new version, isn't it ? I only ask as it's priced quite
    > low (as cheap as $14.69 in Canada) It seems like a pretty good deal
    > for a decent movie, especially since I didn't shell out the money
    > for the original version. As a side note when searching on Amazon.ca
    > they have both versions but the older version is $10 more. So is
    > this new release enhanced or have I missed something ?

    From http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/store/news/article/3635.html --

    11.17.2003
    "Star Trek VI" Beams to DVD in January

    You've felt "The Wrath of Khan" and made "The Voyage Home" — now, get your
    DVD collection ready for "The Undiscovered Country."
    "Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country — Special Collector's Edition" is
    coming to DVD on January 27, courtesy of Paramount Home Entertainment. This
    two-disc set is packed with featurettes and bonus material. The film
    concerns itself with the peace efforts between the Federation and the
    Klingons and features performances by Kim Cattrall as Spock's protégé
    Valeris and Christopher Plummer as the villainous General Chang. For a
    complete synopsis or more information on the film, click here.

    The contents of the set are as follows:

    Disc 1
    THE FILM

    a.. "Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country" — the DVD version includes
    two scene revisions by director Nicholas Meyer
    b.. Commentary by Meyer and screenwriter Denny Martin Flinn
    c.. Text commentary by Michael Okuda and Denise Okuda (co-authors of "The
    Star Trek Encyclopedia")

    Disc 2
    MOVIE-MAKING: STORIES FROM "STAR TREK VI"
    a.. Six featurettes on the making of the film, including interviews with
    William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Plummer, Meyer and additional production
    members
    THE STAR TREK UNIVERSE

    a.. "Conversations with Nicholas Meyer" — a biographical overview of
    Meyer's career
    b.. "Klingons: Conjuring the Legend" — a review of the historic, cultural
    and mythic traditions of the warrior race
    c.. "Federation Operatives" — a roster of "Star Trek VI" performers who
    went on to appear in Trek films and series
    d.. "Penny's Toy Box" — Trek archivist Penny Juday displays original props
    from the film
    e.. "Together Again" — Shatner and Plummer reminisce about their
    friendship as young actors who worked together in the theatre
    ART IMITATES LIFE: THE PERILS OF PEACEMAKING

    a.. A discussion of the uncanny parallels between the plot of "Star Trek
    VI" and historic global events in the Soviet Union, with commentators Meyer,
    Nimoy, Russia expert/scholar Dr. Angela Stent, and others
    A FAREWELL

    a.. DeForest Kelley: A Tribute — A look at the career of actor DeForest
    Kelley ("Leonard McCoy"), with interviews from cast and crew
    b.. Original cast and crew interviews
    PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL

    a.. Promotional Material: Theatrical trailers
    b.. 1991 convention presentation by Meyer
    ARCHIVES

    a.. Production gallery and storyboards
    The DVD of "Star Trek VI" is presented in widescreen format enhanced for
    16:9 televisions. It features Dolby Digital English 5.1 and English and
    French Dolby Surround. The DVD is sub-titled in English and closed-captioned
    for the hearing impaired. The DVD set is priced at $19.99 in the U.S. and
    $21.99 in Canada. It is rated PG and has a running time of approximately 113
    minutes.
    Rich Clark, Jan 12, 2004

  3. Paul C.

    Jay Stewart Guest

    "Paul C." <> wrote in message
    > This is a new version, isn't it ? I only ask as it's priced quite
    > low (as cheap as $14.69 in Canada) It seems like a pretty good deal
    > for a decent movie, especially since I didn't shell out the money
    > for the original version. As a side note when searching on Amazon.ca
    > they have both versions but the older version is $10 more. So is
    > this new release enhanced or have I missed something ?

    The new version is anamorphic.
    Jay Stewart, Jan 12, 2004
  4. Paul C. wrote:
    > This is a new version, isn't it ? I only ask as it's priced quite
    > low (as cheap as $14.69 in Canada) It seems like a pretty good deal
    > for a decent movie, especially since I didn't shell out the money
    > for the original version. As a side note when searching on Amazon.ca
    > they have both versions but the older version is $10 more. So is
    > this new release enhanced or have I missed something ?

    It's low because it's new (well, it will be new when it comes out on the
    27th). Promotional deals, ya know? Be glad you didn't waste money on
    the original version. The picture is WS, but it is not centered, it's
    about two inches higher than it should be (on a 27" set). I hate when
    they do that. And yes, the new version is loaded with goodies, just
    like the previous Star Trek movie special editions.

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor
    Grand Inquisitor, Jan 13, 2004
  5. Paul C.

    TSKO Guest

    Ahhhh....finally...my favorite of the ST flicks...

    TSKO, Jan 13, 2004