    financiers forced major changes to it.
    Here's the URL -- get ready to see Kubrick as never before.
    www.ps260.com/molly/SHINING FINAL.mov

    anthony, Oct 7, 2005

  2. anthony

    shinner Guest

    "anthony" <> wrote in
    news::

    > The authoritative DVDBeaver review site has given its members a sneak
    > preview of the new version of Kubrick's 'Shining', which should be
    > hitting cinemas around mid-December. The Kubrick Estate has given
    > acclaimed director Ron Howard, who many people see as assuming
    > Kubrick's mantle, exclusive rights to revise this movie to make it more
    > truly accord with Kubrick's original vision, before the Hollywood
    > financiers forced major changes to it.
    > Here's the URL -- get ready to see Kubrick as never before.
    > www.ps260.com/molly/SHINING FINAL.mov

    snoooze....why don't you just post that it was a class assignment to create
    a new trailer for the movie instead of making up some BS story?

    shinner, Oct 7, 2005

  3. anthony

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, "anthony" <> wrote:
    >The authoritative DVDBeaver review site has given its members a sneak
    >preview of the new version of Kubrick's 'Shining', which should be
    >hitting cinemas around mid-December. The Kubrick Estate has given
    >acclaimed director Ron Howard, who many people see as assuming
    >Kubrick's mantle, exclusive rights to revise this movie to make it more
    >truly accord with Kubrick's original vision, before the Hollywood
    >financiers forced major changes to it.
    >Here's the URL -- get ready to see Kubrick as never before.
    > www.ps260.com/molly/SHINING FINAL.mov

    Didnt Steven King get a whack at it with a made for tv movie years ago?

    GMAN, Oct 7, 2005
  4. anthony

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, "anthony" <> wrote:
    >The authoritative DVDBeaver review site has given its members a sneak
    >preview of the new version of Kubrick's 'Shining', which should be
    >hitting cinemas around mid-December. The Kubrick Estate has given
    >acclaimed director Ron Howard, who many people see as assuming
    >Kubrick's mantle, exclusive rights to revise this movie to make it more
    >truly accord with Kubrick's original vision, before the Hollywood
    >financiers forced major changes to it.
    >Here's the URL -- get ready to see Kubrick as never before.
    > www.ps260.com/molly/SHINING FINAL.mov

    WTF cant they leave masterpieces like this and Willy Wonka and Planet of The
    Apes alone?

    GMAN, Oct 7, 2005
  5. anthony

    franky Guest

    "anthony" <> wrote:
    > >The authoritative DVDBeaver review site has given its members a sneak
    > >preview of the new version of Kubrick's 'Shining', which should be
    > >hitting cinemas around mid-December. The Kubrick Estate has given
    > >acclaimed director Ron Howard, who many people see as assuming
    > >Kubrick's mantle, exclusive rights to revise this movie to make it more
    > >truly accord with Kubrick's original vision, before the Hollywood
    > >financiers forced major changes to it.
    > >Here's the URL -- get ready to see Kubrick as never before.
    > > www.ps260.com/molly/SHINING FINAL.mov
    > >

    > WTF cant they leave masterpieces like this and Willy Wonka and Planet of

    The
    > Apes alone?

    Because both of those movies were based on books, neither of
    which were 'definitive' by any means?

    franky, Oct 7, 2005
  6. anthony wrote:

    > The authoritative DVDBeaver review site has given its members a sneak
    > preview of the new version of Kubrick's 'Shining', which should be
    > hitting cinemas around mid-December. The Kubrick Estate has given
    > acclaimed director Ron Howard, who many people see as assuming
    > Kubrick's mantle

    0_o??

    (Yeah, especially after "The Grinch" and "EdTV"...)

    > exclusive rights to revise this movie to make it more
    > truly accord with Kubrick's original vision, before the Hollywood
    > financiers forced major changes to it.

    (And what's worse is, they were saying the *exact same thing* about
    Spielberg and "A.I."?)

    Derek Janssen (be very afraid)

    Derek Janssen, Oct 7, 2005
  7. franky wrote:

    >>>The authoritative DVDBeaver review site has given its members a sneak
    >>>preview of the new version of Kubrick's 'Shining', which should be
    >>>hitting cinemas around mid-December. The Kubrick Estate has given
    >>>acclaimed director Ron Howard, who many people see as assuming
    >>>Kubrick's mantle, exclusive rights to revise this movie to make it more
    >>>truly accord with Kubrick's original vision, before the Hollywood
    >>>financiers forced major changes to it.
    >>>Here's the URL -- get ready to see Kubrick as never before.
    >>>www.ps260.com/molly/SHINING FINAL.mov
    >>>

    >>WTF cant they leave masterpieces like this and Willy Wonka and Planet of The
    >>Apes alone?

    > Because both of those movies were based on books, neither of
    > which were 'definitive' by any means?

    ....And, given the fact that NOBODY's caught on yet that the .mov's a
    dopey gag-fakie, that should be a pretty clear indication of just how
    many even bothered to click in the first place?

    Derek Janssen (there's not getting the joke, and then there's just not
    *caring*)

    Derek Janssen, Oct 7, 2005
  8. anthony

    Bill Guest

    GMAN

    There is a made for TV version, which is available on DVD. It is a pale
    imitation of the original.

    Bill.
    ---------

    Bill, Oct 7, 2005
  9. anthony

    shinner Guest

    Derek Janssen <> wrote in

    > ...And, given the fact that NOBODY's caught on yet that the .mov's a
    > dopey gag-fakie

    Ahem, not everyone....

    shinner, Oct 7, 2005
  10. anthony

    JK@work Guest

    "Bill" <> wrote in message
    > GMAN
    >
    > There is a made for TV version, which is available on DVD. It is a pale
    > imitation of the original.
    >
    > Bill.
    > ---------

    If you're a big King fan you know that his books are so superior to any
    film version that;s ever been made. Start and end the Shining with Jack's
    being replaced by exactly who? He made that movie the cult classic it has
    become.

    --
    JK Sinrod
    Sinrod Stained Glass Studios

    JK@work, Oct 7, 2005
  11. anthony

    Mark W Guest

    "anthony" <> wrote in message
    > The authoritative DVDBeaver review site has given its members a sneak
    > preview of the new version of Kubrick's 'Shining', which should be
    > hitting cinemas around mid-December. The Kubrick Estate has given
    > acclaimed director Ron Howard, who many people see as assuming
    > Kubrick's mantle, exclusive rights to revise this movie to make it more
    > truly accord with Kubrick's original vision, before the Hollywood
    > financiers forced major changes to it.
    > Here's the URL -- get ready to see Kubrick as never before.
    > www.ps260.com/molly/SHINING FINAL.mov

    That's great! I can't wait to see Henry Winckler say, 'Gimme the bat, Wendy.
    Gimme the goddamn bat.'

    Mark W, Oct 7, 2005
  12. anthony

    NewcastleBoy Guest

    On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 17:09:16 GMT, "JK@work" <>
    wrote:

    > If you're a big King fan you know that his books are so superior to any
    >film version that;s ever been made. Start and end the Shining with Jack's
    >being replaced by exactly who? He made that movie the cult classic it has
    >become.

    James Mason was very scarey as the baddie in Salem's Lot... I really
    liked this film...

    - NewcastleBoy

    NewcastleBoy, Oct 7, 2005
  13. anthony

    Justin Guest

    Derek Janssen wrote on [Fri, 07 Oct 2005 17:10:36 -0700]:
    > JK@work wrote:
    >

    >>>There is a made for TV version, which is available on DVD. It is a pale
    >>>imitation of the original.

    >> If you're a big King fan you know that his books are so superior to any
    >> film version that;s ever been made. Start and end the Shining with Jack's
    >> being replaced by exactly who? He made that movie the cult classic it has
    >> become.

    > <sigh>
    >
    > All right.
    >
    > That does it.
    >
    > If you believed *that* mess (or didn't even bother to find out), then
    > you probably believe THIS mess, too--From the same "news source":
    > http://www.ps260.com/Trailer/westsidestorytrailer_small.mov

    That site is one big explosion of Flash gone wrong.

    Justin, Oct 7, 2005
  14. anthony

    Covenant Guest

    "franky" <> wrote in message

    > "GMAN" <> wrote in message

    > > WTF cant they leave masterpieces like this and Willy Wonka and Planet of

    > The
    > > Apes alone?
    > >

    > Because both of those movies were based on books, neither of
    > which were 'definitive' by any means?

    You dont think that the original Willy Wonka was *definitive* ??

    --
    Covenant
    A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands

    Covenant, Oct 7, 2005
  15. JK@work wrote:

    >>There is a made for TV version, which is available on DVD. It is a pale
    >>imitation of the original.

    > If you're a big King fan you know that his books are so superior to any
    > film version that;s ever been made. Start and end the Shining with Jack's
    > being replaced by exactly who? He made that movie the cult classic it has
    > become.

    <sigh>

    All right.

    That does it.

    If you believed *that* mess (or didn't even bother to find out), then
    you probably believe THIS mess, too--From the same "news source":
    http://www.ps260.com/Trailer/westsidestorytrailer_small.mov

    ....Let's watch the fun from the extremely gullible.

    Derek Janssen (it's called COMEDY, people--It involves things that
    *don't really happen*...)

    Derek Janssen, Oct 8, 2005
  16. On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 21:11:50 GMT, Covenant wrote:

    >> Because both of those movies were based on books, neither of
    >> which were 'definitive' by any means?

    > You dont think that the original Willy Wonka was *definitive* ??

    Roald Dahl certainly didn't.

    Anthony Horan, Oct 8, 2005
  17. anthony

    NewcastleBoy Guest

    On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 13:27:07 +1000, Anthony Horan
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 21:11:50 GMT, Covenant wrote:
    >
    >>> Because both of those movies were based on books, neither of
    >>> which were 'definitive' by any means?

    >> You dont think that the original Willy Wonka was *definitive* ??

    >Roald Dahl certainly didn't.

    Roald Dahl was certainly different... I saw a theatrical version of
    "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" this year.. I didn't realise it
    didn't have the zany musical score. Apparently, the show can't be
    performed with music any more as it originally didn't have music,
    which I find unbelievable, but it's true. It really loses its impact
    without the music.

    - NewcastleBoy

    NewcastleBoy, Oct 8, 2005
  18. anthony

    NewcastleBoy Guest

    On 6 Oct 2005 18:17:17 -0700, "anthony"
    <> wrote:

    >The authoritative DVDBeaver review site has given its members a sneak
    >preview of the new version of Kubrick's 'Shining', which should be
    >hitting cinemas around mid-December. The Kubrick Estate has given
    >acclaimed director Ron Howard, who many people see as assuming
    >Kubrick's mantle, exclusive rights to revise this movie to make it more
    >truly accord with Kubrick's original vision, before the Hollywood
    >financiers forced major changes to it.
    >Here's the URL -- get ready to see Kubrick as never before.
    > www.ps260.com/molly/SHINING FINAL.mov

    Will the Kubrick films being released later onto DVD in their original
    widescreen ratio or the butchered P/S ratios?

    - NewcastleBoy

    NewcastleBoy, Oct 8, 2005
  19. anthony

    Michael Guest

    Kubrick wanted them released in open matte; not P&S, or widescreen. 4:3
    isn't synonymous with P&S.

    Michael, Oct 8, 2005
  20. anthony

    NewcastleBoy Guest

    On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 23:30:46 +1000, "Michael"
    <quadhammerNO@> wrote:

    >Kubrick wanted them released in open matte; not P&S, or widescreen. 4:3
    >isn't synonymous with P&S.

    Regardless of technicalities, it still amounts to cinematic butchery
    of the highest order :(

    NewcastleBoy

    P.S Thanks for that explanation.. :)

    NewcastleBoy, Oct 8, 2005