    if I move the side bar.

    The last two versions were much easier.

    Geopelia

    geopelia, Mar 25, 2007

  2. geopelia

    XPD Guest

    "geopelia" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I've got this new version of Google. What do I click to find out how
    > to use it please? An instruction page or something.
    >
    > One problem is that the messages only go half way down the page even
    > if I move the side bar.
    >
    > The last two versions were much easier.
    >
    > Geopelia

    Err...Google what ?
    Google Earth ? Desktop ? Picasa ? Google Mail ? Google homepage in your
    browser ?

    XPD, Mar 26, 2007

  3. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    On Mar 26, 11:39 am, "XPD" <> wrote:
    > "geopelia" <> wrote in message

    > > I've got this new version of Google. What do I click to find out how
    > > to use it please? An instruction page or something.

    > > One problem is that the messages only go half way down the page even
    > > if I move the side bar.

    > > The last two versions were much easier.

    > > Geopelia

    > Err...Google what ?
    > Google Earth ? Desktop ? Picasa ? Google Mail ? Google homepage in your
    > browser ?

    Google groups. The new version seems very hard to use.

    geopelia, Mar 26, 2007
  4. geopelia

    Matty F Guest

    On Mar 26, 9:40 am, "geopelia" <> wrote:
    > I've got this new version of Google. What do I click to find out how
    > to use it please? An instruction page or something.
    >
    > One problem is that the messages only go half way down the page even
    > if I move the side bar.
    >
    > The last two versions were much easier.

    What browser are you using? The new Google Groups has the problem that
    you describe when using Mozilla.

    Matty F, Mar 26, 2007
  5. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    On Mar 26, 9:12 pm, "Matty F" <> wrote:
    > On Mar 26, 9:40 am, "geopelia" <> wrote:
    >
    > > I've got this new version of Google. What do I click to find out how
    > > to use it please? An instruction page or something.

    > > One problem is that the messages only go half way down the page even
    > > if I move the side bar.

    > > The last two versions were much easier.

    > What browser are you using? The new Google Groups has the problem that
    > you describe when using Mozilla.

    Outlook Express.

    I've found quite a bit about using Google Groups in Help, I'll hunt
    around for this problem there.

    Thank you.

    geopelia, Mar 26, 2007
  6. geopelia

    Matty F Guest

    On Mar 27, 12:26 am, "geopelia" <> wrote:
    > On Mar 26, 9:12 pm, "Matty F" <> wrote:
    >
    > > On Mar 26, 9:40 am, "geopelia" <> wrote:

    > > > I've got this new version of Google. What do I click to find out how
    > > > to use it please? An instruction page or something.

    > > > One problem is that the messages only go half way down the page even
    > > > if I move the side bar.

    > > > The last two versions were much easier.

    > > What browser are you using? The new Google Groups has the problem that
    > > you describe when using Mozilla.

    > Outlook Express.

    The problem also occurs with Internet Explorer 6.
    This is what the bug looks like:
    http://i9.tinypic.com/40mp9uf.jpg

    The Opera browser works fine, so it's not really Google's fault.
    Quite possibly Firefox is OK but I don't have that (or IE7).

    Matty F, Mar 26, 2007
  7. geopelia

    Kent Smith Guest

    geopelia wrote:
    > I've got this new version of Google. What do I click to find out how
    > to use it please? An instruction page or something.
    >
    > One problem is that the messages only go half way down the page even
    > if I move the side bar.
    >
    > The last two versions were much easier.

    You should probably upgrade to the latest version of IBM. It is much
    better.

    -KENT

    Kent Smith, Mar 26, 2007
  8. geopelia

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On 26 Mar 2007 06:05:22 -0700, "Matty F" <>
    exclaimed:

    >On Mar 27, 12:26 am, "geopelia" <> wrote:

    >> > What browser are you using? The new Google Groups has the problem that
    >> > you describe when using Mozilla.

    >> Outlook Express.

    >The problem also occurs with Internet Explorer 6.
    >This is what the bug looks like:
    >http://i9.tinypic.com/40mp9uf.jpg
    >
    >The Opera browser works fine, so it's not really Google's fault.
    >Quite possibly Firefox is OK but I don't have that (or IE7).

    Not really Google's fault??

    There's a bug that is exposed to the majority of users of their site,
    and it's not their fault because it works in a browser that is used by
    about 3% of people? (I'm not knocking Opera - it rules - but come on!)

    --

    Stupidest Comment of the Year Award:

    "People should take responsibility for their actions"

    - (Leftist) Matty F (7/1/2007), when explaining it was actually the quadbiker's
    fault that he was brutally murdered by Graeme Burton. According to Matty F,
    it was his fault that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time...

    Best Rant of the Year Award:

    "Interesting to see the Green bastard even at a supermarket shopping, instead
    of living off the land growing his own food. At least he's helped to keep the
    cogs and polution of industry going by shopping at supermarkets which sell
    products from large filthy factories [that] use stinking diesel trucks
    polluting the damn countryside just to get the goods to Nandor's favourite
    supermarket. Well done Nandor you two faced tax paid good for nothing bastard"

    - E. Scrooge (1/3/2007), a little unhappy about the Green's proposal to ban
    supermarket bags...

    Fred Dagg, Mar 27, 2007
  9. geopelia

    Murray Symon Guest

    On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 06:05:22 -0700, Matty F wrote:

    > On Mar 27, 12:26 am, "geopelia" <> wrote:

    >> > What browser are you using? The new Google Groups has the problem that
    >> > you describe when using Mozilla.

    >> Outlook Express.

    > The problem also occurs with Internet Explorer 6. This is what the bug
    > looks like:
    > http://i9.tinypic.com/40mp9uf.jpg
    >
    > The Opera browser works fine, so it's not really Google's fault. Quite
    > possibly Firefox is OK but I don't have that (or IE7).

    It does it sometimes on Firefox 1.5 (on WinXP) also - it seems to be when
    a message is opened in a new "Tab". Doing a page refresh seems to fix it
    for me each time.

    Murray.

    Murray Symon, Mar 27, 2007