    and man were we let down... Chevy Chase just proves what a burned out un-funny
    guy he really is and not much more.

    Save your money.

    Wade365, Sep 2, 2003

  2. Wade365

    TSKO Guest

    I dont think having a "bad" commentary is reason not to get a darn funny
    movie.
    "Vacation" is still a "laugh outloud" movie everytime I see it......

    Spend your movie........GET THIS MOVIE!!!

    "Wade365" <> wrote in message
    > After much anticipation we sat down to watch "Vacation" with Randy Quaid,

    etc.

    TSKO, Sep 2, 2003

  3. Wade365

    MLEB67 Guest

    New Vacation DVD and Commentary

    Chevy seemed very full of himself.
    What a shame.
    And they call this a "Special Edition"?
    What was so "special" about it? Where's the original ending? How about a
    documentary? How about something other than a couple two minute sound blips.
    The commentary was good, but the comments were not. Quite boring.
    Very unhappy with this one!

    MLEB67, Sep 2, 2003
  4. Wade365

    yachtboy! Guest

    Re: New Vacation DVD and Commentary

    On 02 Sep 2003 18:14:31 GMT, (MLEB67) wrote:

    >Chevy seemed very full of himself.
    >What a shame.
    >And they call this a "Special Edition"?
    >What was so "special" about it? Where's the original ending? How about a
    >documentary? How about something other than a couple two minute sound blips.
    >The commentary was good, but the comments were not. Quite boring.
    >Very unhappy with this one!

    They changed the ending?

    ==========
    "Being diabetic is alot like having an un-invited
    guest at a picnic, who keeps pointing out the potato
    salad may have gone bad."--W.B. Willis

    "Destiny has a strange sense of humor..." K. Honeycutt
    ----------
    http://www.geocities.com/swl_yb400pe
    http://www.geocities.com/swl_yb400pe/psychedelic.htm
    http://www.geocities.com/swl_yb400pe/slinkypage.html

    "He not busy being born is busy dying..." B. Dylan

    =======================

    yachtboy!, Sep 2, 2003
  5. Re: New Vacation DVD and Commentary

    >They changed the ending?

    yes. test audiences didn't enjoy the original conclusion

    Vlvetmorning98, Sep 2, 2003
  6. Wade365

    Bailin Guest

    Re: New Vacation DVD and Commentary

    So what happens now, does Roy Wally gun them down in the park?

    Bailin, Sep 2, 2003
  7. Wade365

    Phil7101 Guest

    Re: New Vacation DVD and Commentary

    >> >They changed the ending?
    >>
    >> yes. test audiences didn't enjoy the original conclusion

    >So what happens now, does Roy Wally gun them down in the park?

    Er...not sure about that, but I know originally Aunt Edna was supposed to be
    alive, she wakes up sitting on the porch where they left her.

    Phil7101, Sep 2, 2003
  8. Wade365

    jpeabody Guest

    Re: New Vacation DVD and Commentary

    John Candy shoots first.

    jpeabody, Sep 2, 2003
  9. Wade365

    TSKO Guest

    Re: New Vacation DVD and Commentary

    I say it again........go out and buy this flick........not for some lame
    commentary.....but because its a funny movie.....

    Geez......I sound like I work at a dvd retail
    outlet.........anyways......go buy it anyway....

    TSKO, Sep 2, 2003
  10. Wade365

    Jay G Guest

    Re: New Vacation DVD and Commentary

    "yachtboy!" <> wrote

    > They changed the ending?

    Before they released the film to theatres, they changed
    the ending because test audiences didn't like it. The movie
    still has the ending that everyone is familiar with, but the
    DVD does not have the original ending that almost
    nobody has seen.

    Below is a description of the original ending:

    SPOILERS

    In the original ending, after Clark punches
    Marty Moose, and buys the b.b. gun, he than
    drives into Beverly Hills instead of returning to
    Wally World. He finds Roy Wally's mansion,
    and drives through the front gates, and finds
    Roy Wally on the back patio having a meeting
    with some of his associates. Clark than forces
    Wally and his associates at gunpoint, to sing and
    dance to some Marty Moose songs. The police
    arrive, and the ending is similar to the police arriving
    at Wally World. Clark and Roy have a heart to heart,
    and Wally decides not to press any charges. The final
    scene is the Griswolds on an airplane. They are
    discussing their vacation, and how they must add Roy
    Wally to their Christmas card list, and wearing Marty
    Moose hats. The flight attendant announces on the P.A.
    that the flight is headed on a non-stop to Atlanta. Clark
    realizes they are on the wrong plane, gets up and begins
    to scream that they are on the wrong plane. Then it cuts
    to the runway, and you hear the ground control radioing
    in for security about a cabin disruption.

    Jay G, Sep 3, 2003
  11. Wade365

    On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 18:00:52 -0500, "Jay G" <> wrote:

    >"yachtboy!" <> wrote
    >>
    >> They changed the ending?

    >Before they released the film to theatres, they changed
    >the ending because test audiences didn't like it. The movie
    >still has the ending that everyone is familiar with, but the
    >DVD does not have the original ending that almost
    >nobody has seen.
    >
    >Below is a description of the original ending:
    >
    >SPOILERS
    >

    >In the original ending, after Clark punches
    >Marty Moose, and buys the b.b. gun, he than
    >drives into Beverly Hills instead of returning to
    >Wally World. He finds Roy Wally's mansion,
    >and drives through the front gates, and finds
    >Roy Wally on the back patio having a meeting
    >with some of his associates. Clark than forces
    >Wally and his associates at gunpoint, to sing and
    >dance to some Marty Moose songs. The police
    >arrive, and the ending is similar to the police arriving
    >at Wally World. Clark and Roy have a heart to heart,
    >and Wally decides not to press any charges. The final
    >scene is the Griswolds on an airplane. They are
    >discussing their vacation, and how they must add Roy
    >Wally to their Christmas card list, and wearing Marty
    >Moose hats. The flight attendant announces on the P.A.
    >that the flight is headed on a non-stop to Atlanta. Clark
    >realizes they are on the wrong plane, gets up and begins
    >to scream that they are on the wrong plane. Then it cuts
    >to the runway, and you hear the ground control radioing
    >in for security about a cabin disruption.

    Which explains the picture of them on an airplane, in the end credits.
    I've always wondered about that.
    Thanks.

    ==========

    yachtboy!, Sep 3, 2003
  12. Re: New Vacation DVD and Commentary

    >I say it again........go out and buy this flick........not for some lame
    >commentary.....but because its a funny movie.....
    >
    >Geez......I sound like I work at a dvd retail
    >outlet.........anyways......go buy it anyway....

    but some deleted scenes would be really nice.

    Vlvetmorning98, Sep 3, 2003
  13. Wade365

    Tarkus Guest

    On 02 Sep 2003 21:44:25 GMT, Phil7101 wrote:

    > Er...not sure about that, but I know originally Aunt Edna was supposed to be
    > alive, she wakes up sitting on the porch where they left her.

    Good call deciding to kill her off.
    --
    "Was my mother careful when she stabbed me in the heart with a clothes
    hanger while I was still in the womb?"

    Now playing: the radio

    Tarkus, Sep 3, 2003
  14. Wade365

    TSKO Guest

    Re: New Vacation DVD and Commentary

    ........this is true.........but its still nice to have.......

    TSKO, Sep 3, 2003
  15. Wade365

    Ollie T Guest

    Re: New Vacation DVD and Commentary

    "Where's the original ending?"

    What is the original ending?

    Ollie T, Sep 5, 2003
  16. Re: New Vacation DVD and Commentary

    This is more detail then they talked about on the DVD. Where did you
    learn about it?

    Mike

    Michael Rogers, Sep 6, 2003
  17. Wade365

    Jeeters Guest

    "Michael Rogers" <> wrote in message
    > This is more detail then they talked about on the DVD. Where did you
    > learn about it?

    try google: "national lampoon's vacation alternate ending"

    Jeeters, Sep 6, 2003
  18. Wade365

    Jim Burgan Guest

    > After much anticipation we sat down to watch "Vacation" with Randy Quaid,

    etc.
    > and man were we let down... Chevy Chase just proves what a burned out

    un-funny
    > guy he really is and not much more.

    It was nice to see a widescreen version finally make it to home video. It
    was a great transfer of a decent movie.
    As for the commentary track:
    There was not enough of Randy Quaid..... There was too much of Chevy Chase
    (and you're right, he is a burned-out, un-funny guy). Anthony Michael Hall
    contributed very little and Dana Barron was just plain annoying.
    However, Harold Ramis' was the main spokesperson and contributor on the
    commentary track and I found his insight to be entertaining and enjoyable.
    Vacation has developed a bit of a cult-status.. not bad for a movie that was
    only marginally funny to begin with (and the only one of the series worth a
    diddley-durn). Much over-rated but it is a slightly guilty indulgence of
    mine and I enjoyed Ramis' contributions on the commentary track.

    Jim Burgan, Sep 8, 2003