    Many thanks.

    Very pleased so far as a novice :)

    Andy

    Andy E, Aug 22, 2006

  2. Andy E

    Yaz Guest

    "Andy E" <andygaswrexham(nospam)@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi I am a new user to this service in uk and have just topped up my credit
    > after an initial load of free calls.
    >
    > Q1.The rates state Uk landline free on offer but doesn't appear to tell
    > you how much per min usually????
    >
    > Q2. I am using it through pc headset that is very good. I would like to
    > set this up with a cordless Voip phone. What do I need to purchase
    > please? And is it easy to set up?

    Buy an Sipura SPA3000 or SPA3102.

    Yaz

    Yaz, Aug 22, 2006

  3. Andy E

    paul123 Guest

    Andy E (nospam) wrote:
    > Hi I am a new user to this service in uk and have just topped up my credit
    > after an initial load of free calls.
    >
    > Q1.The rates state Uk landline free on offer but doesn't appear to tell you
    > how much per min usually????

    Free until further notice, I've been using them (free) since December
    2005, just after voipbuster started charging for UK calls. When
    voipbuster stopped the free calls to UK, they went to 1cent/min.
    (voipbuster and voipstunt are both part of the Betamax stable)

    > Q2. I am using it through pc headset that is very good. I would like to set
    > this up with a cordless Voip phone. What do I need to purchase please?

    If you want to incorporate your landline and voip in one DECT handset,
    the Spa3000 or 3012 would be ideal. If you want a separate DECT phone
    just for voip, you could get a cheaper adaptor like spa1001, etc. With
    these adaptors you plug them into your router.

    If you're just using an ADSL/cable modem, you'll have to buy a router.,
    in which case you might want to consider a voip capable router. There
    are lots on the market. Linksys, Thomson and AVMFritz!Box are some
    manufacturers to look at.

    A cordless voip phone, or wifi voipphone is an option, though,
    personally, I think the DECT option plugged into an adaptor is the way
    to go. A UTS F3000 WiFi IP Phone is an example of these. These devices
    also plug into a router.

    paul123, Aug 22, 2006
  4. Thus spaketh paul123:
    > Andy E (nospam) wrote:
    >> Hi I am a new user to this service in uk and have just topped up my
    >> credit after an initial load of free calls.
    >>

    >> Q2. I am using it through pc headset that is very good. I would like
    >> to set this up with a cordless Voip phone. What do I need to
    >> purchase please?

    > If you want to incorporate your landline and voip in one DECT handset,
    > the Spa3000 or 3012 would be ideal. If you want a separate DECT phone
    > just for voip, you could get a cheaper adaptor like spa1001, etc. With
    > these adaptors you plug them into your router.

    Or the very excellent Linksys PAP2 (not Vonage locked), this if you only
    need to attach phones to use VoIP and not need to use your regular
    landline, attaches to your router.

    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 22, 2006
  5. Andy E

    Andy E Guest

    thank you for your replies, will purchase soon, thanks.

    Andy E, Aug 23, 2006