    --
    joe
    http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/jbc33/
    joe, Oct 6, 2005

  2. joe

    gwtc Guest

    joe wrote:

    > I have been using the latest Mozilla FireFox 1.0.7 for a while now. I have
    > rebooted my machine a few times since. Suddenly I had to create a new user
    > and so lost all of my bookmarks. How do I get my normal user profile
    > (whatever that was) back with all my bookmarks?
    >
    > BTW, when I selected "default" it said it was in use. Huh? I am the only one
    > on my computer!
    >
    > anyway, tia!

    It sounds like when you close FF it didn't close properly, so when you
    restarted it, it said that the profile is already in use [or something
    like that] and it asked you to create another profile [or something
    like that]. Am I correct?

    If so, the next time this happens, then do the three finger salute --
    ctrl+alt+del and bring up the Task Manager. You should see FF still
    listed. If it is, then end it right then and there. Now you can
    restart FF with your main profile.

    In the mean time, to get back your main profile, start the Profile
    Manager, by clicking on Start, Run and enter:

    firefox.exe -p

    exactly as I have shown, including the space and the dash. When the
    PM shows up, find your main profile. When you've found it, close FF
    and restart the PM and delete the newer [wrong] profile.
    gwtc, Oct 6, 2005

  3. joe

    joe Guest

    "gwtc" <> wrote in message
    > joe wrote:
    >
    >> I have been using the latest Mozilla FireFox 1.0.7 for a while now. I
    >> have rebooted my machine a few times since. Suddenly I had to create a
    >> new user and so lost all of my bookmarks. How do I get my normal user
    >> profile (whatever that was) back with all my bookmarks?
    >>
    >> BTW, when I selected "default" it said it was in use. Huh? I am the only
    >> one on my computer!
    >>
    >> anyway, tia!

    > It sounds like when you close FF it didn't close properly, so when you
    > restarted it, it said that the profile is already in use [or something
    > like that] and it asked you to create another profile [or something like
    > that]. Am I correct?
    >
    > If so, the next time this happens, then do the three finger salute --
    > ctrl+alt+del and bring up the Task Manager. You should see FF still
    > listed. If it is, then end it right then and there. Now you can restart
    > FF with your main profile.
    >
    > In the mean time, to get back your main profile, start the Profile
    > Manager, by clicking on Start, Run and enter:
    >
    > firefox.exe -p
    >
    > exactly as I have shown, including the space and the dash. When the PM
    > shows up, find your main profile. When you've found it, close FF and
    > restart the PM and delete the newer [wrong] profile.

    YEAH BABY! My ff is back! WooHooooo!!! 8]

    thx a million gwtc! :)

    joe, Oct 6, 2005
  4. joe

    gwtc Guest

    joe wrote:

    > "gwtc" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>joe wrote:

    >>>I have been using the latest Mozilla FireFox 1.0.7 for a while now. I
    >>>have rebooted my machine a few times since. Suddenly I had to create a
    >>>new user and so lost all of my bookmarks. How do I get my normal user
    >>>profile (whatever that was) back with all my bookmarks?
    >>>
    >>>BTW, when I selected "default" it said it was in use. Huh? I am the only
    >>>one on my computer!
    >>>

    >>It sounds like when you close FF it didn't close properly, so when you
    >>restarted it, it said that the profile is already in use [or something
    >>like that] and it asked you to create another profile [or something like
    >>that]. Am I correct?
    >>
    >>If so, the next time this happens, then do the three finger salute --
    >>ctrl+alt+del and bring up the Task Manager. You should see FF still
    >>listed. If it is, then end it right then and there. Now you can restart
    >>FF with your main profile.
    >>
    >>In the mean time, to get back your main profile, start the Profile
    >>Manager, by clicking on Start, Run and enter:
    >>
    >>firefox.exe -p
    >>
    >>exactly as I have shown, including the space and the dash. When the PM
    >>shows up, find your main profile. When you've found it, close FF and
    >>restart the PM and delete the newer [wrong] profile.

    > YEAH BABY! My ff is back! WooHooooo!!! 8]
    >
    > thx a million gwtc! :)

    Great! Thats one down and 50 more to go.
    gwtc, Oct 6, 2005