New UK slide scanning service launched

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Chris Todhunter, Nov 17, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    Please allow me to introduce our brand new website at
    http://www.pixstudio.co.uk. We offer a film, slide and APS scanning
    and image retouching service.

    We provide an all inclusive scanning service from converting your
    slides to a digital format and writing them to CD or DVD, to
    retouching and image manipulation.

    We offer a variety of options for your images from low resolution
    scans that you can share with your friends to producing an A3 print
    quality (300dpi) image from a 35mm slide and all at extremely
    affordable prices.

    We use the very best technology available and only settle for the
    highest quality results, if you have any queries regarding any part of
    the process, please call our helpline now on 0845 226 3205, email us
    at or view our scanning FAQ page at
    http://www.pixstudio.co.uk/client/faq.asp to find out more.

    Some of the services we offer are:

    35mm slide scanning
    35mm negative scanning
    APS film scanning
    Image retouching
    Photo manipulation

    Free trial offer

    We will scan three slides to your specification at no cost as an
    introduction to our service.
    Chris Todhunter, Nov 17, 2004

  2. Chris Todhunter

    Andy Champ Guest

    Chris Todhunter wrote:

    <snip>

    > We offer a variety of options for your images from low resolution
    > scans that you can share with your friends to producing an A3 print
    > quality (300dpi) image from a 35mm slide and all at extremely
    > affordable prices.

    But a slide is only an inch or so across. 300dpi gives you perhaps a
    megapixel. Certainly not as much as 2... what do you call *low*
    resolution?

    hmm... Todhunter. You do realise the government is about to ban you?

    Andy
    Andy Champ, Nov 17, 2004

  3. Chris Todhunter

    Owamanga Guest

    On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 21:15:36 +0000, Andy Champ <>
    wrote:

    >Chris Todhunter wrote:
    >
    ><snip>
    >>
    >> We offer a variety of options for your images from low resolution
    >> scans that you can share with your friends to producing an A3 print
    >> quality (300dpi) image from a 35mm slide and all at extremely
    >> affordable prices.
    >>

    >But a slide is only an inch or so across. 300dpi gives you perhaps a
    >megapixel. Certainly not as much as 2... what do you call *low*
    >resolution?

    Yes, but A3 is a paper size, and it's much larger than an inch or so.
    That's what the 300dpi was referring to, print size, not samples of
    the source.

    A3 is about 11.7" x 15.5", so to print at 300ppi the image would have
    to come off the slide at about 3300 ppi. But they aren't even claiming
    that, they claim you can print it at 300dpi which is different from
    ppi.

    ?

    --
    Owamanga!
    Owamanga, Nov 17, 2004
  4. Chris Todhunter

    Andy Champ Guest

    Owamanga wrote:

    > Yes, but A3 is a paper size, and it's much larger than an inch or so.
    > That's what the 300dpi was referring to, print size, not samples of
    > the source.
    >
    > A3 is about 11.7" x 15.5", so to print at 300ppi the image would have
    > to come off the slide at about 3300 ppi. But they aren't even claiming
    > that, they claim you can print it at 300dpi which is different from
    > ppi.

    Makes more sense that way I admit. If Chris comes back, how many pixels
    *do* you mean?

    Andy
    Andy Champ, Nov 18, 2004
  5. Hi Andy,

    The sizes we quote refer to the TIFF or JPEG that we supply back to
    the customer. We actually scan at up to 4000ppi, but a 35mm image at
    4000ppi is still a 35m image. For convenience, we resize the images
    for those who do not have graphics software such as Photoshop.

    I wan't aware I was about to be banned! Would that be the Todhunter
    corporation in the States?

    Cheers,

    Chris

    Chris Todhunter, Nov 20, 2004