    follow the link to read the delivered message.

    Received message is available at:
    www.orcon.net.nz/inbox/xmynamexx/read.php?sessionid-7531

    Collector, Jul 23, 2004

  2. Collector

    Patrick Bold Guest

    "Collector" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Received message is available at:....

    Always good to have people like you improving the circulation of
    viruses. Geez!!!

    Patrick Bold, Jul 23, 2004

  3. Collector

    Nik Coughin Guest

    Patrick Bold wrote:
    > "Collector" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Received message is available at:....

    > Always good to have people like you improving the circulation of
    > viruses. Geez!!!

    How is he helping improve the circulation of viruses?

    Do you mean by posting this link?

    www.orcon.net.nz/inbox/xmynamexx/read.php?sessionid-7531

    1) The original email did not point to the above link. It just looked like
    it did. Otherwise the virus writer would have needed to have access to
    Orcon's servers.

    2) Notice the xmynamexx part? Clicking the above link does the same thing
    as any other 404 on Orcon, constantly meta-refreshes a blank page.

    Nik Coughin, Jul 23, 2004
  4. Collector

    Patrick Bold Guest

    "Nik Coughin" <nrkn!no-spam!@woosh.co.nz> wrote in message
    > Patrick Bold wrote:
    > > "Collector" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >> Received message is available at:....

    > > Always good to have people like you improving the circulation of
    > > viruses. Geez!!!

    > How is he helping improve the circulation of viruses?
    >
    > Do you mean by posting this link?
    >
    > www.orcon.net.nz/inbox/xmynamexx/read.php?sessionid-7531
    >
    > 1) The original email did not point to the above link. It just looked

    like
    > it did. Otherwise the virus writer would have needed to have access

    > Orcon's servers.
    >
    > 2) Notice the xmynamexx part? Clicking the above link does the same

    thing
    > as any other 404 on Orcon, constantly meta-refreshes a blank page.

    Fine, no harm done then.

    Patrick Bold, Jul 23, 2004
  5. Collector

    Nik Coughin Guest

    Patrick Bold wrote:
    > "Nik Coughin" <nrkn!no-spam!@woosh.co.nz> wrote in message
    >> Patrick Bold wrote:
    >>> "Collector" <> wrote in message

    >>> Always good to have people like you improving the circulation of
    >>> viruses. Geez!!!

    >> How is he helping improve the circulation of viruses?

    > Fine, no harm done then.

    I know where you were coming from though :) There have been quite a few "Hey
    everyone, this link is a trojan, don't click it!" news postings lately that
    quote the link. Not good.

    Nik Coughin, Jul 23, 2004
  6. Collector

    Collector Guest

    Patrick Bold said the following on 23/07/2004 14:57:

    > "Collector" <> wrote in message
    >

    >>Received message is available at:....

    > Always good to have people like you improving the circulation of
    > viruses. Geez!!!

    Hey twit notice that the link goes nowhere because Im munged part of it

    Collector, Jul 23, 2004
  7. Collector

    Patrick Bold Guest

    "Collector" <> wrote in message

    > Hey twit notice that the link goes nowhere because Im munged part of

    it

    Clever boy.

    Patrick Bold, Jul 23, 2004
  8. Collector

    Enkidu Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 14:48:15 +1200, Collector
    <> wrote:

    >Got and intercepted a virus email today, the twist they try to induce
    >you to open the infected file by disguising it as a link to your ISP
    >webmail account. See below. The link actuall goes to the infected file.
    >

    >If the message will not displayed automatically,
    >follow the link to read the delivered message.
    >
    >Received message is available at:
    >www.orcon.net.nz/inbox/xmynamexx/read.php?sessionid-7531

    Is that the "You have been downloading porn. I know what sites you've
    visited." one? <grin>

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Jul 23, 2004
  9. Enkidu wrote:
    > Is that the "You have been downloading porn. I know what sites you've
    > visited." one? <grin>

    I got that one 12 in 2 mins... took three for mozilla to figure out it
    was spam.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jul 24, 2004
  10. In article <4100c02e$>, "Patrick Bold" <> was seen to type:
    >"Collector" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Hey twit notice that the link goes nowhere because Im munged part of

    >it
    >
    >Clever boy.

    But no apology for your over reaction yet :)

    Bruce

    In short, what people think they want is news, but what they really crave
    is olds.
    Lord Vetinari, ¨The Truth¨ Terry Pratchet

    Caution => followups may have been changed to relevant groups
    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, Jul 25, 2004
  11. In article <41048d70$>, "Patrick Bold" <> was seen to type:
    >"Bruce Sinclair" <> wrote in
    >message news:jsXMc.286$...
    >
    >> But no apology for your over reaction yet :)

    >Not an over-reaction at all. Posting what you say is a link to a virus
    >is plain stupid. The fact that you munged the address means you had no
    >ill intent, but I see no redeeming value in the practice of inviting
    >people to click on links that look for all the world like something they
    >shouldn't. Next time, forget the demo -- a simple report will suffice,
    >thanks.

    Your response looked to me like the classic comment without data. AKA
    an over reaction. YMMV .. obviously.

    In some ways it's irrelevant ... anyone stupid enough to click on a
    zip file by newsgroup or email invitation probably deserves exactly
    what they get. Computer darwinism at work ? :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Jul 26, 2004
  12. In article <>, Collector <> was seen to type:
    >Patrick Bold said the following on 26/07/2004 16:48:
    >> "Bruce Sinclair" <> wrote in
    >> message news:jsXMc.286$...
    >>
    >>>But no apology for your over reaction yet :)

    >> Not an over-reaction at all. Posting what you say is a link to a virus
    >> is plain stupid. The fact that you munged the address means you had no
    >> ill intent, but I see no redeeming value in the practice of inviting
    >> people to click on links that look for all the world like something they
    >> shouldn't. Next time, forget the demo -- a simple report will suffice,
    >> thanks.
    >>

    >Oh dear you sad twit, you are arguing with a person who wasnt the
    >original poster and you dont even know it.

    Proves over reaction syndrome I'd say.

    >Take your meds

    ... or just chill out a bit ? :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Jul 26, 2004
  13. Collector

    Patrick Bold Guest

    "Bruce Sinclair" <> wrote in
    message news:jsXMc.286$...

    Patrick Bold, Jul 26, 2004
  14. Collector

    Collector Guest

    Collector, Jul 26, 2004
  15. Collector

    Patrick Bold Guest

    "Bruce Sinclair" <> wrote in
    message news:7d0Nc.343$...

    > In some ways it's irrelevant ... anyone stupid enough to click on a
    > zip file by newsgroup or email invitation probably deserves exactly
    > what they get. Computer darwinism at work ? :)

    Ever tried forming an opinion that wasn't a cliche?

    Patrick Bold, Jul 26, 2004
  16. In article <4104e7dd$>, "Patrick Bold" <> was seen to type:
    >"Bruce Sinclair" <> wrote in
    >message news:7d0Nc.343$...
    >>
    >> In some ways it's irrelevant ... anyone stupid enough to click on a
    >> zip file by newsgroup or email invitation probably deserves exactly
    >> what they get. Computer darwinism at work ? :)
    >>

    >Ever tried forming an opinion that wasn't a cliche?

    Certainly. Have you ever tried being polite ? :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Jul 26, 2004