    that Dell or McAfee has added some code to Windows XP home so you can
    only use Mcafee products on this computer?

    Gary

    Gary, May 13, 2004

  2. Gary

    Gary Guest

    The XP firewall is still active. However it was not enabled on my BB
    connection, only on the dial up connection which I don't use. Do you
    think I should disable it all together?

    Gary, May 13, 2004

  3. Gary

    Thumper Guest

    On Thu, 13 May 2004 02:48:33 GMT, Gary <>
    wrote:

    >The XP firewall is still active. However it was not enabled on my BB
    >connection, only on the dial up connection which I don't use. Do you
    >think I should disable it all together?

    Are you positive the original McAfee is removed? Call them and ask
    them to fax you a list of registry entries to remove manually. You
    probably have some remnants left. You may also need tot do this with
    Norton and then start with a fresh install.
    Thumper

    Thumper, May 13, 2004