    that Dell or McAfee has added some code to Windows XP home so you can
    only use Mcafee products on this computer?

    Gary
    Gary, May 13, 2004

  2. Gary

    Nimrod Guest

    On Thu, 13 May 2004 01:16:05 GMT, Gary <>
    wrote:

    >Dell 2400 with McAfee Firewall and AV installed. I removed both of
    >them and installed NAV 2003,when I go to do the live update, NAV
    >cannot connect with the site. I know my BB connection is good as I can
    >surf the net. I have tried to manuelly download the updates, but when
    >I get to the webpage, I get the invalid page thing. I have also tried
    >to access the Grisoft webpage and it will not let me. Is it possible
    >that Dell or McAfee has added some code to Windows XP home so you can
    >only use Mcafee products on this computer?
    >
    >Gary

    Hmm..I read a lengthy epinions.com review of NAV 2003 and the author
    went into great detail about how the Norton uninstaller sucks and if
    you try to uninstall one version of NAV and put in another your
    registry will be hosed.

    I wondered whether he was full of BS, but apparently he wasn't.
    Nimrod, May 13, 2004

  3. Gary

    James Guest

    Trying pinging www.norton.com, (start, run, command, ping www.norton.com)