    Keep in mind, when visiting the site, you will be prompted for the program. It is free, and you are more then welcome to tell others about it.

    Thank You,
    ProfilesByte Staff.

    Mary, Jun 17, 2004

  2. Mary

    Ionizer Guest

    "Mary" <> wrote in message
    news:eek:9cAc.49392$eu.10808@attbi_s02...
    > Just letting everyone know about...
    > Thank You,
    > ProfilesByte Staff.

    It's either a homepage hijacker or something more insidious:
    http://www.computercops.biz/postt46799.html
    Either way, report sent to the appropriate abuse address.

    --
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Jun 17, 2004

  3. Mary

    Parko Guest

    On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 07:57:08 +0000, Mary wrote:

    > Thank You,
    > ProfilesByte Staff.

    Downloadable straight from Area 51.
    --
    Parko
    Registered Linux User #339345

    Parko, Jun 17, 2004
  4. Mary

    Scrote Guest

    Mary wrote:
    An adware scam
    Report sent
    Avenger will be along soon. :)
    HAND & bugger off.

    Scrote, Jun 17, 2004
  5. Mary

    Avenger© Guest

    On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 07:57:08 GMT, "Mary" <> wrote:

    >Just letting everyone know about

    Bugger Off!!
    --
    Avenger©

    "Put the CAT out to reply"
    *I DETEST Spam - A Spam Hater since 1951*

    Avenger©, Jun 17, 2004
  6. Mary

    Paul Guest

    Ionizer wrote:

    > It's either a homepage hijacker or something more insidious:

    Didn't hijack my Firefox homepage. Oops, it affects IE only. ;)

    Paul, Jun 17, 2004
  7. Mary

    Scrote Guest

    Paul wrote:
    >> Ionizer wrote:
    >>
    >>> It's either a homepage hijacker or something more insidious:

    >> Didn't hijack my Firefox homepage. Oops, it affects IE only. ;)

    Spybot S&D....works for me lol
    --
    All sorts of computer errors are now turning up. You'd be surprised to
    know the number of doctors who claim they are treating pregnant men. --

    Scrote, Jun 17, 2004
  8. Mary

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "Scrote" <> wrote in

    > Spybot S&D....works for me lol

    Using a third party program to repair defects is a half assed solution to
    just making the original product work better and safer.

    Jim Berwick, Jun 18, 2004
  9. Mary

    Plato Guest

    Mary wrote:

    > Just letting everyone know about www.ProfilesByte.com, a brand new site to let you know what 'they' don't want you to know.
    > Keep in mind, when visiting the site, you will be prompted for the program. It is free, and you are more then welcome to tell others about it.

    Just letting everyone know that you should NEVER install a special
    program to view a
    webpage. Many people just say yes and get their home page hijacked and
    have all sorts of spyware installed.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jun 18, 2004
  10. Plato wrote:

    > Mary wrote:
    >>
    >> Just letting everyone know about www.ProfilesByte.com, a brand new site
    >> to let you know what 'they' don't want you to know. Keep in mind, when
    >> visiting the site, you will be prompted for the program. It is free, and
    >> you are more then welcome to tell others about it.

    > Just letting everyone know that you should NEVER install a special
    > program to view a
    > webpage. Many people just say yes and get their home page hijacked and
    > have all sorts of spyware installed.

    A poster in news.admin.net-abuse.email says that, by the looks of things,
    the app is a trojan/hijacker. Further investigation is underway.

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, Jun 18, 2004
  11. Mary

    Scrote Guest

    Jim Berwick wrote:
    >> "Scrote" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Spybot S&D....works for me lol
    >>>

    >> Using a third party program to repair defects is a half assed
    >> solution to just making the original product work better and safer.

    So I presume, on your machine, there is no AV, Firewall or antispyware
    at all! Marvellous........

    .....and a bit simplistic.

    Scrote, Jun 18, 2004
  12. Mary

    Paul Guest

    Scrote wrote:

    >>> Using a third party program to repair defects is a half assed
    >>> solution to just making the original product work better and safer.

    > So I presume, on your machine, there is no AV, Firewall or antispyware
    > at all! Marvellous........
    >
    > ....and a bit simplistic.

    Actually, an anti-virus and firewall doesn't repair any apps... they
    protect the entire OS, so they don't count. :)

    Paul, Jun 18, 2004
  13. Mary

    Scraggy Guest

    Paul wrote:

    >> So I presume, on your machine, there is no AV, Firewall or
    >> antispyware at all! Marvellous........
    >>
    >> ....and a bit simplistic.

    > Actually, an anti-virus and firewall doesn't repair any apps... they
    > protect the entire OS, so they don't count. :)

    Really....do some reading.

    Scraggy, Jun 18, 2004
  14. Mary

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "Scrote" <> wrote in

    > So I presume, on your machine, there is no AV, Firewall or antispyware
    > at all! Marvellous........

    Actually, on my home machine there is RedHat 9, which doesn't need AV, 3rd
    party firewalls, or anti-spyware programs. On my Windows machines, there
    is Spybot 1.3, though it has yet to find any spyware aside from tracking
    cookies. There is Norton AV 2003 which I got with some hardware for free,
    which also has found nothing. I don't use a firewall on my machine, rather
    using a hardware firewall. Since I don't use easily exploited pieces of
    software and don't get spyware and viruses, I have no need for a software
    firewall to protect my outbound traffic.

    Jim Berwick, Jun 18, 2004
  15. Mary

    Plato Guest

    Gary G. Taylor wrote:

    > >> Just letting everyone know about www.ProfilesByte.com, a brand new site
    > >> to let you know what 'they' don't want you to know. Keep in mind, when
    > >> visiting the site, you will be prompted for the program. It is free, and
    > >> you are more then welcome to tell others about it.

    > > Just letting everyone know that you should NEVER install a special
    > > program to view a
    > > webpage. Many people just say yes and get their home page hijacked and
    > > have all sorts of spyware installed.

    > A poster in news.admin.net-abuse.email says that, by the looks of things,
    > the app is a trojan/hijacker. Further investigation is underway.

    Yesterday for the heck of it, knowing full well the potential
    consequences, I clicked the link using a "safe" browser an lo and
    behold, the site was already down. So kudos to the people who complained
    and sent abuse messages.

    Plato, Jun 18, 2004
  16. Mary

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 06:53:03 GMT, in
    <jjwAc.1239$>
    Gary G. Taylor scrawled:

    >Plato wrote:
    >
    >> Mary wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Just letting everyone know about www.ProfilesByte.com, a brand new site
    >>> to let you know what 'they' don't want you to know. Keep in mind, when
    >>> visiting the site, you will be prompted for the program. It is free, and
    >>> you are more then welcome to tell others about it.

    >> Just letting everyone know that you should NEVER install a special
    >> program to view a
    >> webpage. Many people just say yes and get their home page hijacked and
    >> have all sorts of spyware installed.

    >A poster in news.admin.net-abuse.email says that, by the looks of things,
    >the app is a trojan/hijacker. Further investigation is underway.

    Kaspersky identifies if as TrojanDownloader.Win32.VB.dg .

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 19, 2004
  17. Mary

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jun 19, 2004
  18. Mary

    Shane Guest

    Mary wrote:
    > Just letting everyone know about www.ProfilesByte.com, a brand new site to let you know what 'they' don't want you to know.
    > By going their, they offer you a program that will then give you access to what the Government has been keeping from you over these past four years.
    > Normally, this type of information would simply be on the website, but because of the upcoming election, we would have been shut down too quick.
    > By it being in the application that you run, it is legal and they can not do anything about it.
    > Please, do us all a favor and make your choice on who the new president should be. We simply want to make sure that you get the information you deserve.
    > Keep in mind, when visiting the site, you will be prompted for the program. It is free, and you are more then welcome to tell others about it.
    >
    > Thank You,
    > ProfilesByte Staff.

    If you read the sites disclaimer is says that by visiting there website
    you give them the right to install adware on your computer.

    Shane, Jun 26, 2004
  19. Shane wrote:
    > Mary wrote:
    >> Just letting everyone know about www.ProfilesByte.com, a brand new
    >> site to let you know what 'they' don't want you to know.
    >> By going their, they offer you a program that will then give you
    >> access to what the Government has been keeping from you over these
    >> past four years. Normally, this type of information would simply be
    >> on the website, but because of the upcoming election, we would have
    >> been shut down too quick.
    >> By it being in the application that you run, it is legal and they
    >> can not do anything about it.
    >> Please, do us all a favor and make your choice on who the new
    >> president should be. We simply want to make sure that you get the
    >> information you deserve. Keep in mind, when visiting the site, you
    >> will be prompted for the program. It is free, and you are more then
    >> welcome to tell others about it.
    >>
    >> Thank You,
    >> ProfilesByte Staff.
    >>

    > If you read the sites disclaimer is says that by visiting there
    > website you give them the right to install adware on your computer.

    Are you now going to read and reply to all 30,000 posts since that one was,
    you inadmissible, middle-aged bum-bailey?

    Shane, the abstruse, incarcerating circus mutt, Jun 26, 2004